VU+ Ultimo, VBox II, scanning new satellite

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,521 times. The last Post () by nsharma.

• Hi, I have a new VU+ Ultimo just for a few days, so I am still learning. I have a VBox II positioner which is connected to an actuator (140 cm dish). I stored positions manually into positioner and they are not sequential (for example Astra 19.2 has number 19, Hispasat has 30, Thor has 01 and so on). After a few configured and succesfully scanned satellites a problem appeared:

- Lets'say I'm on Hispasat . I configure tuner A connecting it to 30W satellite (in advanced configuration mode) , uncheck USALS and enter position number 030. When I try manually scan this whole satellite, icon with blinking rotating dish appears and stays endlessly. It doesn't matter wheter I'm on the 30W position or not. If not, positioner receives right command and moves the dish. But the icon still blinks and scanning won't start.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

• Hi Master G I am struggling with the tuner configuration trying to get it looking at 13 degrees but it is fixed on the 28.8 degrees and the only option I get is an all satellites option which does not work when scanning either as it tells me that the tuner is not set up correctly. I don't get any of the other satellite options either apart from 28.8 Eurobird.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Hi Mate,

I have a similar setup but use the Gbox 3000 for my actuator, I have never come across this problem as the Vbox stores all the satellite positions and not the receiver you need to do as master G says and install either catseye channel list or someone elses, then goto advanced menu as you so rightly said use Dieseqc 1.2 and do not use USALS and assign each Sat the number you have stored in your Vbox.

Thats the beauty of a channel list no need to scan as they are pretty much up to date anyway.

• I've got exactly the same setup VBox II & Ultimo and if you do as above, checked Dieseqc 1.2 and uncheck use USALS, its just a matter of storing the sats postion number eg:030 for 30w and away you go. Just make sure you have a good satellite.xml otherwise just wont be able to scan shite all.

• can you not from the tuner configuration click on a tuner and then move down to the satellite and shift left or right to move to different sats?
    If your not seeing different sats moving the left or right button it maybe your satellite.xml only having 28e

• Thanks guys. Acco you hit the nail on the head all the other Sats had been removed. I managed to work this out yesterday D'oh. The question I have with the catseye is that I don't have a diseqc or a motorised dish rather a sly dish and an old Polsat/Cyfra dish which is the standard 60cm. Both are fixed.

I updated the xml file and now can select 13e but it can't seem to detect anything at 13e. I can try the cats eye settings but not sure if it will help given I need the positioner and diseqc.

Cheers.

• You can use catseyes no problem, just keep the settings all the same as you have right now and if you feel the need remove the unused satellites but their is no need to.

• Hi,

Just in case, it might be an idea to restart the receiver once the satelites.xml updates are applied and hence being recognised. I have found this principle to work many times in the past.

With kind regards.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!