Nline and Cline

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,389 times. The last Post () by parfia.

• In my parents receiver I have two lines, one is an Nline and one is a Cline. I have the Nline first then the Cline. I have the Cline as a backup, which protocol will be used first? the Nline or the Cline, it is on a ***Box F3. I ask this because the Cline is only there as backup so I want the Nline to be used the majority of the time

• Hint

MGCAMD

# network shares priority
    # 00 gbox, newcamd, cccamd, radegast, camd3 (default)
    # 01 camd3, radegast, cccamd, gbox, newcamd
    # 02 cccamd, newcamd, camd3, gbox, radegast
    P: { 02 }

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• In my parents receiver I have two lines, one is an Nline and one is a Cline. I have the Nline first then the Cline. I have the Cline as a backup, which protocol will be used first? the Nline or the Cline, it is on a ***Box F3. I ask this because the Cline is only there as backup so I want the Nline to be used the majority of the time

Sorry can you elaborate on this please

Allow me to try help you on this.
    The moderator Banny clearly and very wisely suggest you to use MGcam in your receiver.
    Mgcam is a very good client protocol and will work perfect in your case.
    Take a look at the priorities section that Banny included in his post,and if you deside to use Mgcam select the one that suits you.
    Regards

• Ok so I tried to sort this on the ***Box F3 but no luck...the Nline and Cline are active but the Cline seems to be the one that gets forwarded first...What can I do so the Nline is used first and the Cline as a back up? Tried the Mgcamd setup but not sure what to do?

• Ok so I tried to sort this on the ***Box F3 but no luck...the Nline and Cline are active but the Cline seems to be the one that gets forwarded first...What can I do so the Nline is used first and the Cline as a back up? Tried the Mgcamd setup but not sure what to do?

Did you try in the Mgcam configuration to edit the network shares priority ?

MGCAMD

P: { 02 }

• the simple way to explain this is go to MG_CFG and change the setting for P to ( 02 ) this has been stated twice already

here look at the setting below again you will see the P you will find this setting with others by right clicking and editing MG_CFG found in var/keys

P: { 02}

• Not sure how to do that mate...when I go into network - mgcamd setup - (get stuck at this point)...

OK sorry mate i didn`t understand you stacked in this point so let`s start from that.
    Connect to your box via DCC or any other ftp program and go to /usr/keys.In this directory you will find the file mg_cfg.Edit it and you will find what was mentioned before meaning the shares priority,so set it like this...

P: { 00 }

This is the default value meaning the priority is ...gbox, newcamd, cccamd, radegast, camd3
    Give it a try and see the results.If these are not what expected try to edit agan like that...

P: { 01 }

Give it another try and see if something changed.After every change you make,to be on the safe side restart mgcamd.
    Regards

• The answer was in the initial answer of Banny !
    But I did not understand it. In fact, I did not imagine what he was speaking about.
    And I undesrtand he cannot repeat everithing in every post.

Maybe the best would be put a link on a soon existing tutorial that explains what you did explain.

Thank you to Banny and you .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!