sky multiroom

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,206 times. The last Post () by tennents.

• hi lads any1 no howi can get multiroom installed without phone line sly told me the only way i could get it in was to add antoher full pagage which im allready paying 4 which is about 70 quid a month they said if i pat 10 quid extra pair box that i would recive all channels im allreeady payin 4 other wise i would have to pay the full package again and the phone line would have 2 be connected to the other boxes only way they can prove that the box is in the house were it should be and not passed on to some 1 else is there any wat round this hope some 1 no thanks lads

• My mates a s*y installer and he told me any multiroom installs MUST be connected to phone.
    If you disconnect from the phone, they kill your card.
    The regularly ping your card down the phoneline to make sure it's still in your house.

Why not get a ?50 dm500s clone and share your current card with another box in your house?

• No, no way around it as the phone line is a requirement for the cheaper subscription. Go with ddaddy's suggestion of a share to the other room, you will need 2 linux boxes to do this, 1 to replace the original sly box with the card and the second in the other room / location.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• cheers dream500 and ddaddy but it was a second sly card i was lookin to make my sever stronger only way round it is 2 pay for another subscrietion ffs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!