VU DUO dump the whole flash chip

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,586 times. The last Post () by Portbhoy.

• Hi I'm after dumping my whole duo flash chip via serial, can this be done? As my mate has a clone duo same as me but has the red light only, I have helped him over team viewer and got it from the red light (standby) to starting but it will not take a flash (image) well it does but always sticks on starting no matter how far back we go with images and even one I posted stuck on starting

I am thinking if I can dump the whole chip and flash over to his box, as I have done this a lot before with modems cable boxes etc to recover them as a direct clone, if it's not possible via serial (think it should be) thou, if not what is the flash chip type and are there any jtag points on the board?? Without removing the chip? If the chip needs removing I can do that but need to know the chip type an if my USB jtag NT will be able to identify it and program it, as that's easier to remove than try and find jtag points on the board :-)

But serial will be 1st port of call

Any advice appreciated

• Thanks I'll try that as have just got the BM750.nfi so I'll start from there when he gets back in, Iv never been beaten by a box and not about to ha ha, if all fails Iv told him post it to me as its easier for me to have the actual thing in front of me ;-p cant see owt over team viewer lol

• A red light and a non responsive clone is more likely to be a power board issue than anything else, if you have a clone try your board in his box. Also disconnect hard drive first if its installed.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!