-- dashed s10 tuner

There are 65 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,398 times. The last Post () by snikers.

• Somebody on another site posted an ariva200 updater and said it worked for openbox so I tried it with an s12 update I found on the net recently.After loading,it just showed -- on the display like loading old march 2011 firmware on the s10.After that,all firmware loaded shows -- on the display except for clone safe anonymousx firmware.It was a genuine s10,so either the loader(which has a smaller size eromclient.abs file) or the bogus firmware ruined the tuner.If I pop the tuner out,the receiver will boot.I tried lifting a zero ohm resistor to pin 5 of the protection ic,but that just effects the sys info screen info.All those id's show zeroes after doing that(with clone safe) legit firmware still won't boot.The tuner isn't getting detected correctly with legit firmware for some reason.I ordered a new s10 and will swap out the tuner when I get it.I don't know of any program that will program the tuner back to original or even if it is possible.

• Somebody on another site posted an ariva200 updater and said it worked for openbox so I tried it with an s12 update I found on the net recently.After loading,it just showed -- on the display like loading old march 2011 firmware on the s10.After that,all firmware loaded shows -- on the display except for clone safe anonymousx firmware.It was a genuine s10,so either the loader(which has a smaller size eromclient.abs file) or the bogus firmware ruined the tuner.If I pop the tuner out,the receiver will boot.I tried lifting a zero ohm resistor to pin 5 of the protection ic,but that just effects the sys info screen info.All those id's show zeroes after doing that(with clone safe) legit firmware still won't boot.The tuner isn't getting detected correctly with legit firmware for some reason.I ordered a new s10 and will swap out the tuner when I get it.I don't know of any program that will program the tuner back to original or even if it is possible.

Do you really think that a new tuner will change something.
    Yes of course if like me the tuner had less sensitivity than another present on my second S10.
    I have the same 2 dash signs on display after :http://linuxsat-support.com/op…es-01-08-2012-beta-2.html
    (19/08 2:10PM)

Jo

• the tuner has the m3501 chip which can be programmed(don't ask how).
    I just found out it was the anonymousx beta firmware that killed it.
    Pop out the tuner and it boots.
    The tuner has an id which the firmware detects,if bogus you get the --

• since there is no eeprom on the openbox and the protection ic divorce had no effect,it must be the tuner module.

I have an original S10 CHIP-ID 10AA and also the 2 dashes effect.
    One particularity is that I changed the original tuner (original not marked SHARP and less sensitive).
    I always considered this S10 has original only because I could load any original firmware on it. (I have also another true clone CHIP-ID 00D0 )
    Not anymore since this V2B AnonymouSX was tested.

So I had a tuner in reserve and used it on my '10AA' S10.
    No effect after loading an original firmware that worked before / same problem 2 dashes on startup

For me the tuner is not involved (I used a spare Sharp tuner / I still have another non original Sharp one)

Jo

• the original anonymousx firmware readme said id detection fixed,and when you do the 8888 in sys info it then says m3501id and the id

I agree that the CHIP 3501 is physically on the tuner module.
    And the CHIP-ID is a read-out of this chip has AnonymouSX tell us.
    Strange because on my previous post I changed this tuner and no change for CHIP-ID still '10AA' general status not changed: unable to load official firmware that was previously possible.

Jo

• Having the chip id on the tuner makes no sense,since the tuner is in a socket and can be bought separately from china.

That's exactly what I have done bought two S10 tuners from Hong Kong.
    I can read on one of my spare part tuner main chip:
    ALI
    M3501 B
    1111 TC05X8820E0000GA
    ----
    Has you may know the working chip of the S10 is:
    ALI-3602

Jo

• changing the tuner made no difference,so it must be the protection ic corrupt.
    The protection chip in my "new" receiver is different.The new receiver is actually an old v1 model (seperate ethernet board instead of on mainboard)
    We will have to wait for a fix from anonymousx.

• actually that was the reason he made the clone safe firmware,his genuine receiver had a corrupt protection ic and would only boot to --
    The device id he talks about is the device id of the protection ic,not the receiver itself.
    All the info that shows on the sys info screen is correct,so it must be just the prot ic device id that is corrupt.

• it must be a partial corruption of the prot ic,with anonymousx firmware all the data on the sys info screen is correct.
    With legit firmware popping the tuner out fools the receiver into passing the hardware check of the chip itself,so it
    must be looking for either 00 or FF from the prot ic.

• I have seen that you where active on reverse engineering on ALI3602 firmware.
    Me with my original 'S10 -- dashed' and locked on startup I can load this version of firmware: Question How To ChaNGE mac ADDRESS of openbox s10?
    (It is the firmware that can modify the MAC address). https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59652900/OPENBOX/s10-chang-mac.rar
    Boot & tuner scanning is working / I found only 8 favorite list interface is pleasant otherwise.
    But I see no way to make a backup of my settings / I am only familiar with ABS & DBS here we find BIN's has separate elements
    Anyway a completely new interface for me.

Jo

• I now have 2 different versions of s10 and neither work with that firmware,like dr.zin says.
    The tuner doesn't work on either s10 and the tv output is pal only,I need not the same color (ntsc) output.
    Why the tuner works on some s10 and not others I don't know.

• I may try ponyprogrammer to see if it reads the chip.I have to make an interface to the parallel port on the pc with a circuit I built years ago for other sat receivers.A simple design with only 2 diodes and 2 resistors.Much better than the circuits I have seen elsewhere.

• check out my fix.!!!! posted on here its faulty f1 on board which causes no end of problems, with tuners, its thersistor just pop a wire over a+b on f1 yellow round with 2 legs ,, its goes faulty causes no end of stupid faults,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!