-- dashed s10 tuner

There are 65 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,458 times. The last Post () by snikers.

• You can find such a chip on every modern printer / in this case to avoid the user to override the page count and theoretical toner cartridge life.
    So you end up with a non empty cartrigde that must be replaced
    Same is true for inkjet (pro) printers where capacity is ridiculous ( here a real danger exist on printers with a séparate inkjet printhead)

jo

• My real problem,
    I am trying to solve this '-- dash' lockout (infortunate effect of the AnonynouSX V2B 01/08-Aug/2012 testing)
    I have tested this version of firmware OPENBOX_S10_111117.abs last one by Yojia.
    And end up with a lock in a 'oN' condition différent from '--dash' but not better.
    The s10-chang-mac-birds.abs is still the only one that can be loaded successfully (+ AnonymouSX V1)
    And is even fully functional (I am an European user of an original S10 CHIP-ID=10AA: displayed under AnonymouSX V1).
    Now I am trying to modify the userdb_data.BIN.
    The problem is how to effectively import (without constant reboot ) my other userdb_data.bin (settings) perfect for my purpose size = 917.504 bytes.
    The size of the preloaded userdb_data.bin is 1.769.472 bytes.
    Userdb_block.bin has the same size in both cases = 917.632 bytes.
    I have tried to append the missing non significants bytes on a test file but the size is not included in the block I have formed (CRC not to be calculated)
    The only usefull tool I know and use is: Openbox S10 Firmware Tool 0.5 by MST
    I tried also PVR800-Editor_HD to load settings via serial port but end up with constant reboots.

Jo

• the receiver never gets to that stage before the --
    if you look at threads on other sites you will see the -- is a fault in the boot process before the receiver even checks the tuner.

notice the two -- before OSDS36_1

• the -- error is a hardware check error and has nothing to do with the userdata

I only mentioned that I had not any error with this firmware: s10-chang-mac-birds.abs which is functional.
    With this firmware startup is complete without any problem / Hardware setup is 'European style' and that is what I need / No -- error at all here!!!
    I want only to edit or replace 2 European satellites who are obsolete / that’s why I want to copy my own settings to this new config.

Jo

NB: I can see some similarities on this modded firmware (Mac-address can be changed) with the S16 Openbox (I have only the manual).
    Vertical Icons and most of the extra menus.

• the userdata is almost twice the normal size at about 1.7meg
    Save the user database with alieditor or the ali loader v2.0.0f and edit the channel list with mediabox editor studio v1.09
    Import as receiver type ali gen cas,after editing export the .udf and then load with alieditor or the ali loader.

• thanks for forcing me to play with the channel list,finally got the tuner working.
    I made the mistake of using the original sat/channel list and just editing 30w settings,which doesn't work.
    I loaded the .abs from receiver using alieditor and rs232,deleted all the sats except for 1 and saved as default database then again as user database.I loaded this to receiver and only had 1 sat as expected.I then saved the .udf via alieditor and used mediabox editor studio and then imported my s10 channel list(ali gen no cas) and imported the new channel list ali gen cas,which merges the two files.I loaded the exported list(which is puny but still loads,131k)now I had the firmware with my sat list and the tuner worked.Easy as pie.
    I will try that trick with other euro firmware that the tuner doesn't work,like comag sl100 and hd4u.

• sysinfo 55555 shows otp config data
    98760 lets you play with registers.
    If you knew the devicetypeID for the protection ic you could possible see what is on it for the 1st 8 bytes.
    i2c diagnosis screen.
    Some euro 3602 based firmware has 757575 or 383838 to erase the eeprom.

• I have tried by following your procedure.
    One point ‘Ali Gen NoCas’ has to be used always or ‘Ali GenCas’ has to be used with the Maldives Import/Export?
    Otherwise I ended once with only one channel loaded from my list: but the S10 was stable.
    All other attempts one with all Sat’s eliminated and one with one Sat Maldives remaining where not successful.
    Always in a reboot loop.

jojoke

• I import the s10 1st with aligen nocas,then import maldives with ali gen cas,then export as ali gen cas.
    If you screw up you see the channel names are garbage.
    The import has to match the file you are loading,and the export must be ali gen cas

• I have tried my old euro firmwares like comag sl100 and setone,but the tuner still doesn't work.
    Too bad the maldives wasn't ntsc and more original choices for screen resolution.
    The motor control sucks,it's either all or nothing.My setup has a motorized and a fixed dish.
    The s10 lets you choose motor or not for each individual sat.

• I have tried my old euro firmwares like comag sl100 and setone,but the tuner still doesn't work.
    Too bad the maldives wasn't ntsc and more original choices for screen resolution.
    The motor control sucks,it's either all or nothing.My setup has a motorized and a fixed dish.
    The s10 lets you choose motor or not for each individual sat.

OK its working / importation successful.
    There are some drawbacks like only 8 favorites lists.
    Entering CCcam config is a mystery / Not easy backup only by serial port
    Surely the tuner is working better:
    Not so an erratic display on HD channels (fluctuations Signal quality from sometimes 15-75 %)
    Here stable pleasant display.
    The scan is faster and more accurate.
    The ideal firmware is not yet made / But it worked on both my clone and original S10.

Jojoke

• right man.. does your tuner have sharp wrote on top or is it fake tuner with no description of make,!

Has a matter of fact my clone S10 has a SHARP mark and always performed readily.
    My original S10 (only considered has such because it could load official firmware) did not have a SHARP mark tuner (other design) and was less sensitive!!
    That's why I ordered 2 'S10 tuners' from Hong Kong / Theses are working well but signal quality fluctuate on HD channels (overall HD quality is very good).
    I re-installed recently my original Sharp tuner on original box and found Signal quality was less fluctuating on HD channels (and not at all with Maldives firmware 1 %).

jojoke

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!