Do I need oscam

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 930 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Hi All,
    Now that I have 12.04 installed on my PC with cccam and ocsam also I now want to go to the next step and install 2 smargos. I previously had these running in a 7020 with CCcam. I am wondering if I need to install oscam at all. Because of my limited knowledge in PC's etc I would like to keep things simple.

HS5424

• smargos work fine with CCcam - you only need Oscam if you are using Omnikeys or with certain cards, so I can't say for sure - although there are one or two channels on sly UK for example that might be an issue with CCcam, most would live with this.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• smargos work fine with CCcam - you only need Oscam if you are using Omnikeys or with certain cards, so I can't say for sure - although there are one or two channels on sly UK for example that might be an issue with CCcam, most would live with this.

Thanks for that musogeek,
    I think I will jump in at the deep end (be ready to pull me out) and leave oscam installed also in my setup. Will I run my two **y cards in oscam and get my hands on 2 omnikeys. Advise me on the best tutorial for installing the omnikeys on the 12.04 server please.
    HS5424

• Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have had a change of plan. I will run CCcam only as this is all I need for my cards. I have some smargo's here that are working so I will give them a go. Do I need to un-install Oscam as I will not need it or will it have any effect on the performance of the server.
    HS5424

• Official Post

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have had a change of plan. I will run CCcam only as this is all I need for my cards. I have some smargo's here that are working so I will give them a go. Do I need to un-install Oscam as I will not need it or will it have any effect on the performance of the server.
    HS5424

It should not affect the running of the server but if you want to remove it just delete the oscam binary file & any check scripts present the edit the rc.local & crontab files in the ect directory to remove any lines that start oscam & the associated scripts.

HI musogeek,
    I managed to get the server with one smargo running so far. I have gnome gui running so I was able to set the IP to static using this. I now need to lock the smargo to a specific usb port which seems to be the only problem at the moment as it hops all over the place if I remove and re-insert or reboot system etc. Can I use the Gui to to lock the smargo. Thanks in advance.

• The tutorial on locking card readers to ports can be found -

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…er-specific-usb-port.html Y

Most of that if not all is doable with the GUI.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Good luck :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!