Nine on spiderbox

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,304 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi folks....I just bought a spider box for the bedroom...I am unfamiliar with this box and have gone through most of the posts here but I am still a little confused as to what I need to install to open up the channels.
    I have updated the box to the latest patch....and I have an niline that I know is working perfectly,however I have installed the nline but it's not opening the channels up.
    I think I have everything in order but hopefully yee folks can help me.
    I read about the soft key...I take it I don't need this as I have an nline...is this correct?
    Is there any idiots guide to setting up the spider box with an nline out there?

Thanks for your help and apologies if the questions are a little basic.

• I take it you have looked over these?

http://linuxsat-support.com/sp…-servers-cline-nline.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/sp…erbox-video-tutorial.html

Haven't played with this box so you may have to wait for someone who has,

But it should be as easy as enter line manually through Menu
    Enter Host = dyndns/Ip Port= PortNo Username and Password
    Press OK or Save and Restart box and you should be connected!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi again...had time to work on this today.....I have input the nline correctly as the line is connecting,however it disconnects immediately once I switch channels to a pay channel.
    I am using the same nline as I have in the living room (vu UNO).....once I switch off the vu UNO in the living room all is ok with the spiderbox in the bedroom...ie all channels open up.
    Immediately upon switching on the vu UNO downstairs I lose the pay channels again On the spiderbox in the bedroom.
    I am unsure if it's a conflict somehow between both boxes,my pay server allows multi room from the same nline.
    Does the pay server need to activate something on his side or do I need to look elsewhere in my setup for a resolution?
    Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.

• Hi in spiral...thanks for your response....I suspected that you couldn't use the same nline,however I was informed from my pay server that he allows multi room.....I guess that he has to issue a modified line or a new line altogether.

• Hmmm...contacted payserver and he sorted me out on his side....both my boxes now have all chs open and both have the same nline....dont know how thats possible but those are the facts.

• payserver, payserver,????
    are payservers taking over the world now?
    looks like
    cheers
    el pirate

• Show me where I can get all channels without some form of payment and I will eject the pay server.....until then my choice is limited.....a little over reactive one thinks

• Show me where I can get all channels without some form of payment and I will eject the pay server.....until then my choice is limited.....a little over reactive one thinks

Obviously you need to do a bit of reading eonboy - you have a VU+ Duo - read the sections on cardsharing, but most importantly, read this,

http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…ing-about-payservers.html

then read the rules - we will not help you get a paid line working especially as you already have the tools to not have to use payservers

thread closed

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!