Network Security

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 476 times. The last Post () by copex.

• This is more of a networking question than c/s but I supposed that these would have the need for a more secure network so posted it here -

What security do you have on your network?

VPN
    Use a different dns
    DyDNS/no-ip

I have a few different devices on my network so would like to give them static or reserved IP Address'

But if you are going to open your network to the big wide world (i mean more open than being connected to i.e internet FTP Server, web server)

What other security is necessary.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• VPN - Correctly configured this will provide you with the best security.

open ports - a good firewall something like pfsense with multiple NICs (Lan cards) or VLANs to create two or three networks (i.E home - web server - ftp server )

Passwords - strong passwords should be 10 digits or greater not containing dictionary words mixed upper and lower case also containing non alphabetical characters (i.e !"£$%^&*()_+=/><>.,:'@#~#) (m1p455w0rd is not a safe password)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!