Need help to update oscam on VU+Uno with blackHole image 1.72

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,715 times. The last Post () by S4iyan3lit3.

• Hi guys, i need some assistance to update Oscam on my VU+Uno with BH image. The current oscam version is 1.20 build 6079 and i wish to update to one of the latest builds. So the case is i know how to do it, but it does'nt work :( I downloaded the file for platform "mips-tuxbox oe1.6" and choose the zipfile called "oscam-svn7361-mips-tuxbox-webif-libusb-Distribution" and FTP-transfered the Oscam-bin file to /usr/bin on the box, then ch-mod to 755 and renamed the current oscam bin file to "oscam.old" -restarted the machine with power off and then turn back on...wait some minutes and checks webif, but nothing happens?? So am i choosing the wrong file or doing something else wrong..please help -and thanks in advance!!

• Official Post

Just a thought, when you say "choose the zipfile called "oscam-svn7361-mips-tuxbox-webif-libusb-Distribution" and FTP-transfered the Oscam-bin file to /usr/bin on the box" i have noticed that lately the binary file is zipped inside another zip file when you download the latest. Are you extracting both or sending the bin to the box still in zipped format ?

• No i have seen that to with the zip-zip but this was only zipped once and inside was a folder with two files: "oscam" and "list_smargo" so i took the "oscam" file only since i assumed this is the bin file and tranfered this with no luck :( What to do?

• but i have peers or clients on it right now...can i do it anyway without cut the signal?? And also do you mean i should starts oscam from telnet when i HAVE transfered the new oscam file to library or just with the current running file now?

• Official Post

but i have peers or clients on it right now...can i do it anyway without cut the signal?? And also do you mean i should starts oscam from telnet when i HAVE transfered the new oscam file to library or just with the current running file now?

Well i presume you didnt start this thread about the version that is working :snicker:, im sure your peers wont hold a little downtime against you.

• lol...no the thread is for the not-working file of course :haha:, but i will do this later tonight then since i have been almost cutting the signal multiple times every day the last week or so :( But this telnet line you wrote, what does that do if i type it in a working ascam from telnet..does it then tell some info only or does it killing/restarting/stopping oscam?

• Hi Boxgott, i agree the new oscam bin file should be named only "oscam" but when you transfer the new file to the place, there is still the current oscam bin file that you will replace...therefore the current file should be named "oscam.old" so you can switch back to this file if the new one does not work...right? regards...

• hi again, this was telnet's answer to the code line you asked me put in telnet. "root@vuuno:~# /usr/bin/oscam -b
    /usr/bin/oscam: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    root@vuuno:~#" So don't know if you understand some of this...because i dont :)

• hi mate
    it's important that oscam bin file is only as 'oscam' named.
    i do always in this way i send -save the old file from box somwhere in to pc and then i replace the old one with new one !
    or maybe i dont understud you !!!sorry!

• yahoooo :) :haha: i got it mate...i almost gave up, but i tried to download the version without "-libusb" but just "oscam-svn7365-mips-tuxbox-webif-Distribution.tar.tar" and that works :) -The only thing i would like to know now so i UNDERSTAND...is why does this version without "libusb" works and the one with "libusb" not?? do you know why? regards...

• Hi Ten B, do you know at all why this Oscam version without "-libusb" = "oscam-svn7365-mips-tuxbox-webif-Distribution.tar.tar" works on my machine and the one with "libusb" does not? would really like to learn and know why mate...

• dont rename it to "oscam.old" but oscam only!

Renaming the old one to oscam.old is fine and I found a few versions wouldnt seem to start via the menu options this is the latest I could fine and works just fine for me in my duo

EDIT: That should be the right one but just incase

• But it works fine now with the newer version on my Uno box, but what do you mean by that you find some versions that "don't starts via menu option"? regards..

• I mean the softcam manager

If it works then leave it :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!