Newbie cardsharing

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,681 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Can someone tell me how I can get a cline or who can give me one , sorry but I am totally new to all this and don't really know what I am doing yet. Reading as many tutorials as I can. Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated

• Everything you need to know is here mate....you just need to work out/tell us what you are trying to do/achieve?

Cardsharing n00b newbie dummy guide

Have a look above to get you started!

If you plan to join our Hobby of sharing you will need something to share and create friends to share with!

how I can get a cline??

The MisConception is that you can just get a C line Doesn't work like that mate and we don't support or offer advice on anything or anyone trying to offer this service that easy or in simplest terms by offering, being involved with or supporting a PayServer! or FreeServer or Someone that may Charge you for a Subscription without you physically having a card e.t.c to share?

This is a Hobby.....by enthusiasts that like playing with things Satellite and Linux Related! We welcome new people to the Hobby but ask that you get in it for the right reasons!

One would be that you already have a paid subscription via a viewing card and would like to find out more about obtaining other Sats and Channels through various ways that are all detailed in this forum!

(Taken from another post but addresses your issues/questions!)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi
    Thanks for the advice, sorry I didn't explain myself very well. I am here because I want to learn about this amazing hobby.
    I do have an active card but decided to take the plunge and learn about Linux and sattelites and to see what the world is watching.
    I bought a VU+ Duo after my *** box failed yet again just out of warranty and refused to pay the a £60 call out charge. So I've come to play with the big boys. Thanks Mate

• ok welcome to the playground ! Him over there ¬ he's the biggest >>>>>>>>>>>>>:taxman:

No seriously you made the right move old son ! Everything you need is here ! Avoid being shy ! If you need some direction just ask !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Cool,

So your next port of call is what route do you want to go down?

Pc Server (you will need a Card Reader - Smargo/Omnikey) or Use Duo as the server for sharing your card?

Various Pros and Cons for both...but normally PC Server is best route - Do you have an old Pc or Lappy with Cracked Screen or something like that to use!

I have never used Box to Share ??? But i have seen backup images that are straight out of the box with Oscam and Cccam installed!
    Most use combined Oscam/Cccam using Oscam to read card and Cccam to share.....Oscam will work on its own so that option is down to you!

So look at backup images for Duo in Backup Section with Oscam and Cccam installed

or

Decide which OS you want to use on a Pc Server and look at our automated scripts for setting these up!

When Setup you can then build your relationships in the forum and look for other shares!

lssdalogo.png

• Hi There,

Thanks for this wonderful response, I am new to this as well but ve got some time on my hand so looking to explorer this hobby a little bit more.

I have a SLy card and also happen to have a VUDUO box, i ve previously had a play with the DM500 and 800 both cable and Sat.
    Just looking to share some love to friends and family (to people on here as well) I love tinkering with computers and software generally just for the fun of it so I am really excited about this.

I have an HP Microserver which i currently use for media sharing etc, if i want to go down the PC route would this be okay to use considering I ve got windows on it? Or would it be easier to share using my VUDUO?

IF I was to go down the PC route would I be required to get a Turner card installed or not? (What are the pros and cons as you suggested above if I may ask?)

I ve read the newbie's guide and its enlightening as well.

Your post is the most detailed yet short post I ve come across that filled in a lot of blanks for me!

Looking forward to a nice stay on here.

Thanks to all in advance.

• Comments in red above

The preferred option by most is a Linux OS server setup with Oscam and/or Oscam and CCcam combined where Oscam is used to read/share or Oscam(read) & Cccam(share)

Hope it helps Bud

lssdalogo.png

• agree with mrgmx.

you can and probably should run your server off your VU box.

i think the pc route is more for the 'bigger' server. and probably a lot more learning if you've not use linux systems before.

with the box....it's just soooo much easier to setup and upto 25 users (opinions differ here) i would say is good hassle free viewing for all.

• Just stick CCCam on the Vu+. It will open most things on the card if you have the correct boxkey. Don't throw away the sly dodgybox just yet as you will need the serial number from it to work out the boxkey. As far as i know CCCam only has issues with one of the Channel 4 outputs. Just use one of the freesat unencrypted Channel 4s instead.

You will only need the boxkey with cccam if you are intending to use the Vu+ and you have either the sports or movie packs on the viewing card.

If you have already binned the Sly dodgybox you will need to use OSCam to read the card.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!