dm800 no network

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,563 times. The last Post () by pau1777.

• I’ve been watching my dreambox this afternoon and all of a sudden itr froze.
    I did all the usual things, restart unplug etc.
    When I looked at the setting the DM800 was not connected to the network.
    I connect direct to my router, so I did all the things change network cable, restart the router unplug again but still no connection to the internet.
    Thinking that the image was corrupted (nemesis) I thought I would try to reflash.
    Unplugged the dreambox pressed the power button and waited for the ***stop** message.
    This came up along with dhcp message but no network address.

I can still boot into the image and view FTA channels but just can not connect to the internet.
    Can the network port fail?? The orange light is still on.
    Any help please?
    Thanks
    Paul.

• If your network cable is connected, then check at the back, is the light on where the ethernet cable goes? When you pause it **STOP** is the light flashing?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I don't think it should just stay as a solid light.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Managed to reflash image using serial cable, but when I go to network again ... nothing it wont get IP address. There is nothing wrong with the cablle, just flashed with it.
    I dont understand how it works to flash image but not when image is loaded??

Any ideas?

• Can you login to your router? login to your router check your all your settings are ok, and if it is still reserved an ip address in the dhcp section delete it.

BpGgW.jpg

• Sounds like you had a conflict on your network for some reason, or someone was trying to get into your network.

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!