Nilesat 7West - London Area - Expected Dish size?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,916 times. The last Post () by SWEENEY.

• Hi Gents

Im in the process of buying a decent sat finder however I'm wondering if I also need a newer larger dish too to recieve 7W?

I've a 80CM Motorsied at the moment which works well but picking up shit all of 26E and 7E along with a few others (hence the sat finder purchase) to get the arc sorted out.

Will an 80CM dish get me a good signal for 7West channels?

Underworld

• Hi m8,

I would say forget about it with a 80cm dish...i got a 1.8m andrews here (belgium) and i can't pick up anything from nilesat201... nilesat101 & 102 is possible but for sure not with 80cm.

Regards

• You should be able to get quite a bit on Eutelsat 7 West A - / Nilesat 104 - but sometimes you will lose the signal altogether for long periods due to certain atmospheric/solar/weather conditions as well as (so I'm told) due to slight variations in the satellites' position. The strength of certain channels may vary so to get the full set and a steady reception on this then go for about 1.2m dish - also you might occasionally get some of the strongest verticals on 7w Nilesat 101/ 102 if you are very lucky.

To get everything all the time - you need about 2.4 dish i believe for the above satelites, but for Nilesat 201 you will probably need 3 plus metres:waaaht:

I live in the NW England/North Wales area with an 89cm dish, and as I type this I am watching JSC Sports 1 on 7w (not to be confused with JSC Sports +1) without any problems

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• you can pick up some of the film channels i have with a 1.2cm CM in the midlands but forget about the sports channels even on the south coast with a 2.4cm CM you will only get when it is clear. 26e is a better bet with a 2.4cm CM but only in the south and thats if you are one of the lucky ones.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!