no sound after shutdown or deep standby

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,190 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• when i seem to shutdown the box completely via the BH menu or the box awakens after a deep standby i get no sound. I have to unplug & replug the HDMI cable.

Any ideas what this could be?
    Vu solo plus

Black hole 1.7.6

Total noob my 1st Linux box

• thanks mate

i made a post in the intros

i tried changing a channel & it didnt work so had to unplug the hdmi & replug

have you had to do this too?

is this just a known bug?

this morning when I turned on the box it had gone into a deep standby overnight so took a while to laod up but when it did i had no sound??

• can you confirm that you have HDMI selected in the AV settings on your receiver? Also have a look at your TV's settings to see if there is any option to disable or enable sound through your HDMI - sometimes issues like this can be related to the TV rather than the receiver, so you can try adjusting these settings if the exist on your TV.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi m8, have you tried changing the audio on on your box when this happens?? when my box crashed or added a new plugin, i would have to sometimes change audio on my box

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I never shutdown the box fully unless installing /uninstalling .. I leave it in standby, of course mine is an UNO with minimum consumption.
    By shutting down the box completely it is closing everything incl.server ,etc...
    I am not suggesting this is your case but just something to consider..

• Only thing i triee is to change audio input from say hdmi to scart. What do u suggest.

When inserting usb should u reboot so that it enables it

I onky shutdown if i have an issue

• Have you tried changing the audio on your box after you have rebooted or or done hard restart? using a usb for what?

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• not sure what you mean by changing the audio???

re USB - if i insert a USB in the front to play movies off it should as a matter of best practice
    1 - turn off the box (standby or full shutdown) before inserting the USB
    2 - after inserting the USB do i need to reboot for the box to recognise it?

• depends on the USB, for example a tv stick does require a reboot.
    If you have taken the usb out while the box is on then yes it needs a restart to recognise it again then to remap it again.
    I´m not sure of the solo but the UNO on BH works in this manner.
    btw I know its pretty obvious but ¿have you tried other Usb sticks??

• yes have used other usb sticks

so as a best practice i think i will ensure box is off before inputting/disconnetcing any usbs & then reboot anyway

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!