BBC I Player

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,010 times. The last Post () by s1m0nw.

• NO ¬ there are Ip issues firstly ! only uk ip is entitled to view BBC i player ! Second i have read in the past the chipset/software used by the VU+ receivers is incompatible with the code used by BBC + ITV player ¬

Lots of people have asked this question - NO is the quick answer ! although if anyone does know different please enlighten Us further

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• thanks for the quick update

you mentioned that only UK IP is enabled for iplayer - however I am in the UK?

does the VU have a web browser that we can use to locate the bbc site & play it that way?

• When a solution is found you will Know - To my knowledge No one has sorted this yet _
    I did read some where on the forum about a Browser plugin ? perhaps its part of the original VU+ Software ?
    You could have a look at making a plugin ? - CLICK HERE

There are issues' wit the "i" player system in general ¬ perhaps licensed based ! For example bbc player works in a humax foxsat and samsung tv Where as Itv player doesn't ! Please correct me if i'm wrong ? i'm certain that over the vast array of "tv Products" available there are a wide range of combination issues -

Mainly i think that "i Player" systems were designed for use with PCs' laptops ect originally hence why hardware driver issues have arisen ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Like Rik said this is one of those wish lists requests lol

There is a browser installed when using an Original VU Image....but it doesn't work with Iplayer :( and to date i have been unable to get a Browser on images like BH and Vix for example!

I did read a way of perhaps doing it using XMBC but haven't followed it up yet!

Have you got the 1channel plugin? You won't get EastEnders lol but a few bits on there!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!