Ultimo + Ubuntu Samba Server

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,547 times. The last Post () by sbaina.

• evenin

i added a 2TB drive to my ubuntu server and installed samba on it, i want to have all my movies and stuff centralised and then connect to it with 2 tv boxes for streaming movies/music & recording. some timeshifting if need be.

ive removed the hdd from my ultimo and just use a usb stick in it for epg and picons.
    i installed samba and nfs on my ultimo aswell. i have created a cifs connection to the server with the ultimo (network mounts) and im able to browse the server share and play things from it over the network, this is all ok. i ticked the option to have the server share as a /media/hdd replacement on the ultimo aswell.

ive created the movie and timeshift folder in the server share, so now in /media/hdd on my ultimo it shows the server share like a normal mounted hdd.

the only probs im having is i cant record to the server, or timeshift. when i press record and then select record, i get this message
    " In order to record a timer, the tv was switched to the recording service" and nothing happens.
    when i press timeshift nothing happens too.

im sure ive got all the permissions right in samba on the server and the mount permissions in settings on the ultimo.

does anyone else use a similar setup and can do this successfully??

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• Could you tell us what image you are using on the Ultimo please?

Just a thought if it's Blackhole,you might have to go to "Recording Paths" in the setup menu to change settings there.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• vix 3.0

ive changed the recording paths and timeshift paths already etc but still cant record or timeshift to the server :(

• Have you tried manually adding symbolic links for the folders, for time shift and recording?

It probably won't help, but was just a thought, id certainly be interested when you find the problem, as id like my duo to be detectable as a DLNA client, but all the plugins seem to be to use it as a server!

It is a job that is lower done on my list though (don't ask what else is on the list it changes as the wind does direction, lol)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• i got it working in the end with NFS
    samba is only needed if windows is in the mix, but it isnt for for me so NFS it is.

very simple to setup and get running, then just mounted the share as /media/hdd and viola :)

• I'm trying to have the same configuration working on my network, but no way, i tryed with samba, and NFS i dont know how to do, i succeded to see my server but did not suceed to access the remote files. I already have a HDD on my Vu SOLO and I don't want my shares through network to be seen as HDD.

Can you help me please.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!