Some sort of lag on server

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 609 times. The last Post () by dreamuser.

• Hi, Ive had the server up and running for over 2 months now and started off with 2 users connected to it and then 3 and i added the 4th box 2 weeks ago, I reboot the whole server daily, its on Debian through the auto setup on this forum with OSCAM 1.20 build 7029 unstable.

My problem is all the boxes are getting a momentary split second freeze thats only been noticed today, and im notr sure what it can be, however when i look at the log flowing through oscam each address says what its looking for and in the found it says anything between 80ms and 120ms but i believe this is consistent from what it started out with.

I have it in 3 different houses all family and local all hooked up on a local fibre network with realy low latency of about 3ms and with capacity of around 110mb download and 40mb upload and theres no restrictions or chokes on ports or nothing.

Any suggestions on what i could try my oscam.server settings are ..

#[reader]
    #label = SlYUK
    #protocol = pcsc
    #device = 0
    #blockemm-u = 0
    #blockemm-s = 0
    #blockemm-g = 1
    #blockemm-unknown = 1
    #emmcache = 1,3,2
    #group = 1
    #caid = 0963

[reader]
    label = SlYUK
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    enable = 1
    detect = cd
    mhz = 365
    cardmhz = 365
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    boxkey = 0********
    emmcache = 1,3,2

ecmcache = 1

group = 1
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0963:000000
    lb_weight = 101
    #ecmwhitelist = 0963@000000:3E,42,44,45,47,4E,F4,53,54,61,62,68,69 ,6A,6B,B6,6D,6F,71,72,73,77,78,79,7A,7C,7D,7E,80,8 B

Any hints or suggestions i welcome :)

I was planning to connect a few more boxes up over the next couple of weeks but im a little uncertain at the moment.

Oh i forgot the server is running on a old dell pc, its a P4HT at 2.8Ghz i believe with 512mb ram (I intend to upgrade it to 1GB tonight if i can fix this) and has 80gb hard drive

Thanks Again :)

• The issue may not be in your setup but could be a routing issue.

Try rebooting your router, leaving it off for about 1 min.

Could also try -

Code
    http://www.pingtest.net/

What is Pingtest.net?
    Use Pingtest,net to determine the quality of your broadband Internet connection. Streaming media, voice, video communications, and online gaming require more than just raw speed. Test your connection now to get your Pingtest,net rating and share the result with others!!

Tonight is the launch of the next Warcraft expansion and its the time of day when kids have got home had something to eat as well as adults so they may well be downloading the content. Just something to consider.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You read my mind as i was coming back to the computer, its wierd, i reboot the server daily and i never ever reboot the bridge or router! Thanks, i'll give that a go and see if my sister moans at me for the 10 second gap in tv lol.

Just out of curiosity, with 1 viewing card, how many boxes could i possibly run off the server before lag realy kicks in, im thinking about having a box in every bedroom for each of the kids aswell in family so potentially around 20 boxes, or would i need to put a second viewing card in?

Thanks again!

• There are too many variables to give a reliable answer, net, machine spec, reader used, which cam and the list goes on.

It is unusual that you would only want to share, most people I know that participate in such activities, trade off details, doesn't have to be on other sats either, you and your peers could get different packages this would also distribute the the requests more evenly between you and avoid having to consider, how many before I get problems.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• There are too many variables to give a reliable answer, net, machine spec, reader used, which cam and the list goes on.

It is unusual that you would only want to share, most people I know that participate in such activities, trade off details, doesn't have to be on other sats either, you and your peers could get different packages this would also distribute the the requests more evenly between you and avoid having to consider, how many before I get problems.

The way i saw its use was instead of each of us paying the £70 ish a month for all channels in each house + an extra £10.50 for an additional box in another room, i thought if i setup 1 server with 1 card with the full package with all channels on, i could have a box in the room and 1 in the bedroom, one of my sisters could have a box in the bedroom and 3 more for the bedrooms, another sister could have 1 +1 in bedroom and my parents have 1 + 3 for the bedrooms then later on maybe id let my cousin and uncle on the server too so we could save ourselfs a fortune,

I had never really thought of trading details as we only use this one network for the tv channels and having all the channels already doesn't make sense to me. The other thing was im new to this over the last year and to start with i was using some dodgy pay server to get cheap tv for myself, i thought it would be a good way to go for the rest of the family to use a pay server but i never recommended it because of it being poor reliability so i looked into providing my own server for the family, if that makes sense

• If that's the case one card should be fine.

There are also other steps you can take, id suggest you have a look at the oscam tutorial section, maybe even Multics and CSP, really depends on where your at with your skill level and such, and patience Ofc.

Going back to your previous issue, id suggest rebooting your router once a day if can be set to do it automatically, in it may cache a route that is not optimal for some reason, and I dont know if you have or not but set reservations for so your devices get the same IPs are at least the main ones do.

I haven't actually used them myself, so thats were I am at skill wise prolly even lower ;)

BpGgW.jpg

• hi m8 its oscam, from what i can see its a load of shite, i have spent 2 weeks trying to get my working and now that i have, oscam is taking 230ms to read card, my boxes ecm are around 400 to 700, wen i use cccam they sit around 150, if i have just 1 box connected to the server the ecms are 230, so oscam must have problem with some pc servers and readers, om cccam i have tested with over 50 boxes on at once and ecm were under 250, so it seems to b somefing with oscam

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!