Wind Proofing Dish?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,741 times. The last Post () by Cyborg57.

• The wind is really really strong here at the moment and my signal is breaking up a little.
    Looking at the dish, the LNB arm is shaking like mad. The dish is pretty solid on a scaffold pole.

Do some dishes have stronger LNB arms? Or is there anything that can be done to secure it?

Cheers

• Have seen a 2 x 1 piece of timber reinforcing the arm before!

Wedged in on top...

Made in stronger i suppose but looked like a cowboy job to a normal person i'd say!...

I like shams idea...

Tension some metal wire maybe onto the side of the dish or something from the front of the holder from the lnb, i.e. home version of a primefocus dish...

Just a thought!

Messed with the idea below ;)

• The best way to wind proof a dish is to fit it to a south facing wall if possible, as the worst winds come from the north. Also you should buy the best quality dish that you can afford as they tend to be hell of a lot stronger than cheap nasty ones that tend to be very flimsy. But if you are stuck with an exposed position for your dish and can't afford a better one, then the best thing you can do is to bolt on some extra struts between the arm and the dish to stop it flapping about in the wind.

Dreambox 500s (2011 Clone) - Gibertini 90cm - TM-2200 Super Motor - Inverto 0.2db - SCT Local

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!