Vu+Duo streaming

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,679 times. The last Post () by taip.

• Hello.I have a SEAGATE network storage (NAS) with movie,video music ect and I want to ask how can I connect and make streaming with vlc or any other player on my vu + duo.
    Any solution??? Thanks.

• 1. create a new folder on PC - call it 'vu'
    2. create administrative user on PC - to keep things simple call the user 'vu' and the password 'vu'
    3. share the folder : properties --> sharing --> advanced sharing --> make sure 'share this folder' is checked and click permissions --> make sure everybody has full control.
    4. put any files you want to play in the vu folder.

Then on your Vu+ box

1. menu > setup > system > Network > Mount Manager
    2. Add a new network mount point
    3. Active - yes
    local share name - nas (you can call it anything you like)
    mount type - CIFS share
    server IP - (enter PC IP here)
    server share - /vu (make sure you include the /)
    username - vu
    password - vu

You can then access the files by pressing the button next to the menu button and then changing location to the share name.

Regards Lee

• So do you just want to play the media files that are stored on your NAS on your Vu+ ?

If so, on receiver, just go to network settings, network browser, then select the device (will come up as the IP address of your NAS) then select, and follow the setup, entering username and password if need be, then on mounts editor, you can select whether CIFS or NFS share, set the mount point etc.

Once you have done this, then the drive is mounted on your Vu+ and you can just browse to the files and play - I use 'Media Player' plugin for this.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• done this and it works a treat once i worked out that i needed to enter the username/password that i acctually sign onto my laptop with.One this is the file i have put into the vu folder to try is a avi and wont play,is this not compatable with the duo.

• Thanks alot,ive reached my download limit so will try later.I converted the avi file and put back into the "vu"folder and works great but would be even better if it will just play those files straight off.

downloaded the avi plugin ftp to tmp then restarted box.Movie plays now great.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!