No Audio Via HDMI

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,168 times. The last Post () by sid786.

• Hi Guys,

I got bizarre problem with my VU+ Duo box.

Picture is fine on all channels but no sound, I have tried following.

Powered off tv & vu+ duo box for 5 minutes all cables removed.

Turned it back on, No Luck.

Reflashed the box with new image , No Luck.

Sound is present via scart, just not HDMI.

Tried audio button and played around with audio selection, no luck.

TV Works fine with PS3 over HDMI.

Problem happened when i used "timeshift" function and when i played the TV again, sound never came back...

Any ideas? :( i cant figure out what it might be...apart from the HDMI output on the box obviously...

Same cable works fine with ps3.

• Please make an introduction as per the forum rules before asking questions.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi sid, i have an ultimo and with it you press the audio button and a
    screen comes up with the four coloured buttons and opposite the red
    one it says digital downmix, if it says off beside it you pres the red button
    and the audio turns on. Hope this helps.

• Hi mate,

Already tried that multiple times, downmix is turned on...

I have started to think its the HDMI Out on the box gone tits up maybe.

because the minute i change the output to SCART , sound works fine... But no sound via HDMI and same cable has been working fine..... and works fine with ps3.

All this started when i used "timeshift" function and i unpaused it and since then no sound... :(

• I would try re-flashing your image back on,could just be something has been corrupted with the HDMI output after using time-shift.

Worth a go anyway,let us know how you get on,cheers

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• same again.... I've done some googling with regards to VU+ boxes losing sound on HDMI and i dont seem to be the only one having this issue?

Though nobody found a fix for it

• I have this issue on my Dad's solo clone. It sometimes happens after a reboot etc.

I have to disconnect / reconnect hdmi lead to restore audio.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• I have this issue on my Dad's solo clone. It sometimes happens after a reboot etc.

I have to disconnect / reconnect hdmi lead to restore audio.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Strange thing is i have had receiver disconnected for 6/7 hours , plugged back still no sound

• which version of blackhole did you try?

Also for the more experienced folk on here - would it not be possible for driver on his box to be faulty? Could sid786 not attempt to update drivers???

My thinking is if it was a computer that had a fault driver then there would be no audio.

Sid dont try above untill some1 answers lol dont want you breaking the box.

• Did you try flashing on the original VU image for the duo,i would try this next,gives the box a good clean-out and will update the drivers for you.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• scart works ¡ are you trying hdmi-pc or hdmi alone?.
    ¿does this happen on all channels or certain channels?
    ¿is it on only one platform or more??
    in BH setup -
    dolby digital default yes
    dolby digital downmix yes,
    dolby delay 0 ,
    pcm delay 0.

• gotta say ive got latest blackhole on solo and duo and both are going great - so which is making me wonder weather he needs to update drivers using either VUCC or getting them from here. Sounds like sound driver (if there is one) is crashing.

• D

Happening on every single channel.

and that's i got the settings.
    mention though it's a clone box

Also why would driver crash all of sudden...

Nothing in crash logs though.

So u guys are adamant it's software instead of hardware. I have been running vix 3.0

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!