Help, creating a Oscam only DM500 server - getting Time error

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,585 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• hi all

been trying to get this working this evening and failing miserably!

i want to image a dm500 with maxvar pli image and put oscam only on it for server and reader, DM500 is being used as server only!

so imaged a DM500 with openpli image with dream up.

I downloaded latest oscam for dm500 (old) and i followed this: http://linuxsat-support.com/os…m-pli-enigma1-images.html

i copy good known working config files onto the dm500

upon reboot i can get onto the webif but i see this error:

Code
    1970/01/01 01:01:25        0 s The current system time is smaller than the build date (Oct  2 2012). Waiting up to 60 seconds for time to correct

i then try to be smart and enter the below in: /var/etc/plimgr/scripts/emuserv thinking that it would get time sync first

Code
    rdate -s time.mit.edu
    sleep 1

but this kills oscam and doesn't work even after i delete the 2 lines and reboot

any ideas how i get time to sync for oscam?

i tried gemini 4.7 image as that has option to sync time with internet but the folder structure is different on there and im not sure where to put oscam start scripts etc

ive used the cccam/oscam images but id like to have a fresh clean oscam only server, i do not like cccam files here there and everywhere!

Thanks!

• Your system time is incorrect (01-01-1970)..

in enigma2 you can sync this with ntpdate time.mit.edu

if ntpdate isn't available in e1, set it manually with: date -s YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm

• This Happens if the box has no Sat feed... If your using the box strictly just as a server your best bet is to change the option in the settings to get the time off the internet instead otherwise oscam will not start properly.

• thanks, trouble is id have to set time on every reboot up which is a pain, no way of automating it?

• This Happens if the box has no Sat feed... If your using the box strictly just as a server your best bet is to change the option in the settings to get the time off the internet instead otherwise oscam will not start properly.

there is no open in openpli to set time by internet, only transponder and system time unless im looking in the wrong place?

• Please give some more information...i checked, but ntpdate isn't available for enigma1.

This leaves you with four options:

1) Connect the receiver to a dish, to get time from transponder
    2) Set the time manually on boot. (after.. just don't boot anymore).
    3) Download an image for your box with NTP sync build in.. (they are out there, you have to search with google).
    4) Use a script to sync, also available on the net.. use google.

• Try this, Blue Panel=>Extra Setup and look for "Time" if time is set to Transporter change it to Internet save and should be ok.

• I'm on the same boat...

so far the best I have acomplished is to use a script for the telnet comands and now I just do a doble click on a shortcut on my desktop but after that, I have to Restart Enigma so it can take the time change and start OSCAM BEFORE CCCam.

So far it's been working but the time es off by an hour (that's what I'm trying to fix) since the Time server from where I'm getting the time is GMT-5 and I'm on GMT-6

p.s.

The command in Telnet that I'm using to set the time is: "/sbin/rdate -sp time.mit.edu"

• Official Post

I suspect the reason why the OP has the issue is the file attributes changed from unix to dos/windows. I use notepad++ to prevent this issue. I have attached the full code of an edited emuserv below and as you can see the command has been entered directly below the version details. It even works on a cable receiver with no feed.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!