trouble installing onmikey on unbuntu > confused.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 507 times. The last Post () by annie12.

• hey guys, i have got an omnikey 3121. but i am having problems getting the drivers to instal.
    i have followed this tut, > i will edit the parts i have struggled with. hopefully someone can shed some light on what has gone wrong.

Ubuntu way:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid Next command:

Code:
    nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf And change thise lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too:
    reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi; >can not find this line, i will post what lines i found at botton of post.
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;
    provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 i found line = libpcsclite.so.1 and edited to read = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 is this correct?
    If that is done hit from keyboard ctrl+o and enter, then ctrl+x to exit

Next give command:

Code:
    opensc-tool ?list-readers And you should see your reader there present like so, but with your reader info. Examlpe:

Readers known about:
    Nr. Driver Name
    0 pcsc Omnikey 1020

How to disable pcscd never ending loggin to /var/log/messages what can write your /var partion full after some time.
    Please enter next commands under putty or over terminal command line as root:
    nano /etc/init.d/pcscd

There look next lines:
    # if you need to pass arguments to pcscd you should edit the file
    # /etc/default/pcscd and add a line
    # DAEMON_ARGS=??your-option?

And please change it to:
    # if you need to pass arguments to pcscd edit to:
    # /etc/default/pcscd and add a line
    DAEMON_ARGS="-e"
    And hit from the keyboard ctrl+o and enter to save the changes and ctrl+x to exit

Next command to restart pcsc:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/pcscd restart Done. No more log from pcsc except start up log if you restart the PC and if there is error

• sudo apt-get remove opensc

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• hi this is all you should need after sudo apt-get install opensc pcscd
    no need to go through ,,,opensc-tool ?list-readers ect if all is being recognised.
    [reader]
    label = your card
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    caid = 09xx
    detect= cd
    group = 1
    caid = 0xxx
    i found this normally is all you need for 1 omnikey

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!