Dish upgrade

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,322 times. The last Post () by reddevil157.

• Yup i'm with Dream!

Nice set up mate!

Wish I had guidance like this when i first set up!

Well, glenview, I used to be shy on the forums, but if ya don't ask, you'll never learn. I've learned a hell of a lot since coming on this forum, let it be with pm's or posting silly question's, but have not been knocked back once by anyone and that's the great thing about this site. All the experienced ppl realise that they too were new to this once and really treat new ppl with respect. Which is why I ask the questions now lol. Trust me, I've been to a few site's where you dare not ask anything. So a big hooray for linuxsat !!!!

• Just the lnb so far, the dish and motor were only as an example, I have found a cheaper technomate motor on fleabay( same specs), and am looking local for a triax dish.

• Sorry guy's, I know I'm drilling this to death but I wanna be sure. Have just been talking to a couple of sat guy's that live in town near me. They are telling me to steer clear of motors because I live near the sea, they've had call backs because of salt air messing with the motors. Anyone on here had any such problems ?

• I live not too far from the sea!

The nuts and joints of where its attached to the pole are rusted!

Put varnish on them every so often!

But the motor it-self is working perfect... 6-7 years up now i think!

Well, glenview, I used to be shy on the forums, but if ya don't ask, you'll never learn. I've learned a hell of a lot since coming on this forum, let it be with pm's or posting silly question's, but have not been knocked back once by anyone and that's the great thing about this site. All the experienced ppl realise that they too were new to this once and really treat new ppl with respect. Which is why I ask the questions now lol. Trust me, I've been to a few site's where you dare not ask anything. So a big hooray for linuxsat !!!!

there are no silly question's m8 the guys do a great job helping us out...

gaz

• That's it glenview, I'm sold, cheer's.

there are no silly question's m8 the guys do a great job helping us out...

gaz

The help & advice a wanna be enthusiast gets from the more experienced on here is second to none.

• Just to confirm reddevil I live about 500 yards from the sea and never had a motor fail through corrosion.

As glenviewjf said the mounting bolts are the only bits that rusted. I had to remove mine with a hacksaw as it was quite badly corroded.

Give the mounting bolts some extra paint while it is still clean or paste it in grease

• Thank's hacksat, I think these guys were trying to sell me what they had as a pose to what I was looking for. I was checking there dish prices. I have a grease gun and grease so that's that covered.

• a previous set up of mine was quite versatile if you have room for 2 dishes.

I had 1 Triax TD88 with multi holder which had 13 east, 19 east and 28 east on a 4 way switch then the fourth output went to the motor so the most common satellites would just switch on the multi lnb holder and anything else would use the motor.
    saves wear on motor as well

More questions, sorry. Right, at the minute I've only got a sly mini dish mounted on the wall, on like a scissor arm bracket. It's flapping like sheet in the wind ( very strong at the min ), yet my picture isn't freezing at all. So my Q is, can I do similar to hacksat and get a diseqc switch, and keep my mini dish @ 28.2 and also run the motor from the switch too ?.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!