USB recording

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 787 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• In view of purchase, I would not buy a HDD to place inside the box, as I have a number of USB ones already.
    Can anybody tell if a special procedure is necessary to record straight to a USB HDD/stick (such as for Dreambox, which is annoying as requires change of record path setting) or the USB storage is detected and automatically accepted for recording?

Thanks in advance

• I find most mine are detected when plugged in for viewing anyway!

It would be dependant on image but

With most images you should/would have an option to set that would record anything to the path you choose!

So you may need to set this up prior to recording anything but once done and left it it will record to your destination when required!

Just ensure USB is formatted Fat32

I find HDD's are getting cheaper though and its always better to have one inside if you can....i picked up a 500gb for £40 and works sweet!

Even her in doors hasn't filled it yet!

Either way it will be Image specific but should be easy enough to sort out!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks.

I was wondering if the recording path is set automatically to USB HDD once it is connected, but it seems it is not.

On the other hand, a 500 GB internal HDD may be not enough if you intensively record HD channels, unless you daily transfer some files to an external storage: this takes time and may be annoying.

Also, an external storage allows easy moving and playback on other devices.

As for prices, a portable 1 TB HDD is available at some 62 £ here in Italy (don't forget that I have already some) , while internal ones are somewhat more expensive.

All the best

• Wasn't aware any of these boxes have an upper limit?

You should be ok buddy!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!