DM800HD Clone Tune Failed Problem

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,077 times. The last Post () by lzp39.

• Dear Forum users

i have a problem on my Dm800 HD Clone. Same Channels gives Tune Failed!
    it only on HD Channels can any one help me witch this problem

• I've had that on a few channels on weak sats today and yesterday. I put it down to the weather!
    I think my dish has been blown out of align slightly.

• open the DM800 up and unscrew the back panel. Then unplug the tuner.

On the underside there should be a large capacitor soldered across the board if you have one of the modified versions.

If it has been modified the capacitor will need to be changed for a better quality one

If it has not then you will have to modify it.

That is a common problem on the tuner. But as you said your dish could have moved and you are just getting a weak signal

• what signal strength are you getting on good channels, as some are stronger than others.

So maybe you are just getting the strong ones

• If your dish is not spot on, you can easily get most channels but certain frequencies fail.
    On 28.2 I seem to lose the non MTV music channels first.
    Haven't been able to get 4.8e at all this weekend.

• thanks Hacksat

i think is the signal strength bc on the channel where i get Tune failed! is the signal strength 66% other channels 78 or 80.
    what can i do new

• just that you said it was not your dish.

either dish has moved slightly.

LNB holder has moved slightly as the wavefield LNB holders have directional movement

LNB is failing

bad connection somewhere in the system check all connections from the box, switch and LNB

Faulty switch

• Your dish might need re-aligning.
    Some satellites are actually several satellites grouped together.
    28.2e is actually 4 sat's and one of them is actually at 28.5e so getting alignment spot on is important to pick them all up.

• HI,

Is this applying to turners ALPS version M or older versions? I am getting with ALPS version M on a few HD channels the "turner fail" error which I usually fix swithing to another channel and coming back a few times, but I dont know if replacing the capacitor will work. If so, should I replace it with which capacitor?

Thanks,
    Luis.-

• master G

Added the Label DVB-S2 Tuner
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Tune Failed! Problem” to “DM800HD Clone Tune Failed Problem”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!