Newbie Question

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 488 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to this sat world, I just got a VU+ duo box, loaded the latest BH image, uploaded cat's eye channel list, all looks good so far... BUT I seriously started thinking to return the box and get my money back ...and here is why:

My problem is:

are all theses boxes(TM, DM, VU+, etc) made to work only by being connected to internet? ..because I cannot have mine connected to the internet, my 3g router cannot connect to internet using my mobile broadband connection usb stick, however I can only use it for PC.

Also, all these oscams, cccam, etc...from my understanding, they use the internet... Is there any other softcam for VU+ Duo that I can manually FTP to the box in order to work and not needed the box to be connected to the internet??

thanks.

• It doesn't need to be connected to the internet for Free To Air channels HOWEVER if you want to take advantage of its potential then YES an internet connection is required !

Please make an introduction post introductions/ And take a moment to read the forum rules ¬ Thanks

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!