FTP problems running VIX 2.4 & 3.0

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,700 times. The last Post () by ezferret.

• Hi all,

Having a nightmare after updating my firmware to VIX 3.0. Everything was going well until I tried to FTP my CCcam.cfg to the etc folder. When connected I can view the folders but it won't let me drop anything in. I've tried changing various mount settings and nothing. I'm using a Mac so the FTP should appear instantly, I've even tried doing it through FileZila.

I failed with with all of the above so installed VIX 2.4 thinking it was a version issue, but that has the same error. I really like the VIX images so don't want to change, any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

• please post an intro here first
    Introductions

I am not having any issues using FTP - if you upgraded from 2.4 to 3.0 and then restored your backups then you will have broke a number of things including FTP - know it is a pain but try reflashing from scratch with a USB stick and don't use any backups.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks musogeek. The first image I used was 3.0, and I didn't use any restore function, I set it up from scratch. The issue is that I have to enable the ASF mode in network before I can even connect via FTP. The system allows me to drop files into the tmp folder but when it comes to etc, it blocks me. It's as if the etc folder is read only. So that's when I tried 2.4, which again I set up from scratch and am having the same issue.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? I did this yesterday on a different image without any trouble.

• strange one because the image allows FTP by default, and with root access you should be able to access with read/write to all folders. Might be something to do with the client

You can check the ViX FTP server is running by going to setup, system, network - ftp setup

can you telnet in to your box? If so then try enabling a password for root by typing 'passwd root' - then setting a password - maybe something in the client wants you to have a password, not sure. You could also try another client if you can to FTP the receiver.

• I checked the FTP server and that was enabled. I did set a username and password when I first set it up on 3.0 but this failed and wouldn't allow me to connect :(! I'm not quite sure what telnet is? Is that a setting?

I was thinking that it might be a WiFi issue as I'm conntected to the internet via a wifi bridge connected to the lan and powered by USB.

• Telnet is a network protocol - the way most of us connect to our receivers - If you don't know what it is then you could do with doing some more reading as this is an important tool.

Try it without the wifi bridge - go wired between the receiver and router - if you think this might be causing the issue.

• Thanks, I will do some further investigation tonight and try the wired route. Still a little confused though as this worked first time with other images, including earlier versions of VIX.

Thanks again for your help.

• Hi boxgott, I've already tried that. I tried the standard FTP client in Mac OSX then attempted to use FileZilla for OSX. I must have missed something if no1 else is having this issue.

• Just a quick update... I haven't been able to get this fixed :(! I have tried a direct wire FTP and using differnt operating systems and nothing. I also checked and telnet is running fine on my box.

I think the issue is with the mount point, the mount points are as follows:

NFS: /media/hdd
    NFS: /media/usb/
    NFS: /media/hdd2

Each mount has a red cross above the drive thumbnail. Also when I select mount management I get the following settings:

Mount using FSTAB (mount using linux)
    Active enable
    Local Share name VUDUO
    Mount type NFS share
    Server IP 192. etc
    Server share /media/hdd
    use as HD rep No
    Mount options RW,nolock,tcp

I think my problem lies with these settings, when I try to add a username and password, it allows me to do so, but doesn't save the settings and reverts back to the above. I have now flashed with blackhole, and all works fine, including FTP.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be grateful as I prefer VIX.

• Following this post I find this a bit confusing. The mount manager on the duo is to mount devices like hard disks but ftp is used to communicate to duo from a pc/mac - so they are not really related
    The info shows that your hard disk at ip address 192 etc is not mounted, but why call it VUDUO and is the server share name /media/hdd on the pc/mac?
    Anyway You said you could connect to the duo but only in temp folder so it looks like a ftp setup problem. I use flashxp (v 4.0.0 which allows SSH logins and more)

• Following this post I find this a bit confusing. The mount manager on the duo is to mount devices like hard disks but ftp is used to communicate to duo from a pc/mac - so they are not really related
    The info shows that your hard disk at ip address 192 etc is not mounted, but why call it VUDUO and is the server share name /media/hdd on the pc/mac?
    Anyway You said you could connect to the duo but only in temp folder so it looks like a ftp setup problem. I use flashxp (v 4.0.0 which allows SSH logins and more)

To access the hard drive via FTP the appropriate mount needs to be set, as without an appropriate mount point there would be nowhere for the FTP to connect. For instance with Black Hole, what I am now using, the FTP connection is not visible until the hardisk is mounted. It's the same principle with VIX, however the standard mount settings as shown above only allow for read only access, and I'm not able to make changes to the mount settings. In Black Hole, the standard mount settings give full access to the appropriate files.

Thanks for the recommendation on the FTP software, I'll give it go, although I have tried using OSX and Windows solutions without success.

• Hi
    I think you can ftp to the box even if it doesnt have a hard disk cos the ip address is in the image (like in the dm500s which doesnt have sata or usb and uses an enigma 1 image)
    The hard disk is mount as a device onto the image for recording and timeshift etc and you can also use it store more plugins and bouquets because the amout of ram in the duo is limited

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!