PVR not working on Amiko Alien 2

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,548 times. The last Post () by Shezsharks.

• I cannot seem to get my PVR working on the Alien 2 stb, the hdd is formatted, when i press record it says it is recording but when i go to find the recording it is nowhere to be found on the hdd or the stb?? i'm probably only doing something small wrong but I don't know what it is!!!

• Could you be so kind as to post an intro first? You might get help with both your questions quicker.
    Introductions
    There are a lot of questions answered already so if you use the search bar and browse the relevant sections you might find the answer before you get a reply.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• soorry mate i didnt even see the intro section. I got it sorted anyway I didn't know I had to press the timeshift key first before pressing record! not that anyone seemed to care to help as everyone just views the thread and clicks back!! hopefully someone can help me on the other problem.

• soorry mate i didnt even see the intro section. I got it sorted anyway I didn't know I had to press the timeshift key first before pressing record! not that anyone seemed to care to help as everyone just views the thread and clicks back!! hopefully someone can help me on the other problem.

Maybe if you read the rules it does state that your questions are not likely to be answered without an intro post. Still you haven't posted one.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• And I have searched countless forums including this one but cannot find a beginners step-by-step guide on how to install plugins and cams on my stb :(all the tutorials are way too complicated when you don't know what you're doing!

• sorry i didnt read the rules section I have just been through so many forums the last few days I'm just desperate for a bit of help at this stage it's very frustrating when I don't know what I am doing!!

• I am on Spark on my alien 2 at the moment and when I record of FTA channels all fine when I try the Movie channels from my n line it records nothing. When watching *** Prmeier today waited to see what happened and when recording time started the screen went blank and I had to stop recording and reflash plugin with my newcamd line again...any ideas?.

I have enigma installed which seems to be better but cant get it working with the n: line. Below are the instructions I used to set up Spark which was great and took a few seconds can this be tweeked to fix my engima??

Hi is step by step how to get up and running a spark with n line.

Download software on spark online its the last one in that list 1.52 for enigma2 botloader,something like that.That will be good for that time when you will flash your box to enigma2.

Next step download this plugin SATELLITE SUPPORT

all emu

then unzipe file and place in usb with folder named plugin.

Place the usb into amiko and box will automaticly ask for plugin upgrade.When thats done amiko will restart.

Take the usb stick out after restart.

then go in menu-> plugin and activate plugin mgcamd it has to be green color.

After that download telnet it look like this http://dreambox.hemertje.com/index.p...control-center

then configure your telnet so it connects vwith you computer,router and amiko.

name usaly for spark is root and pasword root

for enigma2 name is root pasw pkteam or dreambox

After telnet connects with all 3 devices go in telnet configuration-ETC-Keys-NewCamd and press edit on newcamd place your N line.

there shud be exsample how it has to look like.Then save and restart plugin in amiko.That was menu-plugin MGcamd

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!