Re-installing Motorised set-up and am stuck ??

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,327 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• I have a spiderbox 9000HD with 95 cm triax dish and dark motor nw had to check pole etc was level and then had to change settings on elevation etc, and have just turned stb back on and motor was moving millimetres left and right contantly as i was trying to reinstall with usuls as before was disecq now put onto disecq and it supposed to be on 0.8 but is nearer 28.2 east please help im well and truly stuck ???

• Make sure you haven't got limits set on both the motor and your digibox. If you've got a west limit set it may be trying to turn west but can't go past the limit.

• Make sure you haven't got limits set on both the motor and your digibox. If you've got a west limit set it may be trying to turn west but can't go past the limit.

Hello Mate,

Have done like Ten said have done a factory reset and now got it on usuls and have it at 0.8 west, now need to adjust around yes thats right isn`t it ?

how do i set west and east limits ?

• Factory reset then make sure you put your longditute and latitude in the stb! Make sure latitude is set right on the motor! Then use usuals and move to thor! move dish by hand left or right and up or down till you get a signal on Thor! Semi tighten it all up! Do a quick sweep to some random satellite east then west! Fine tune left and right by hand if needed! tighten it all up then do a full scan and see what you get!
    Will prob need so slight adjustments to get a good signal on all satellites! Just trial and error!

• Hey Carmine..

Go to motor setup on the spider as you've done..

Its pretty easy to follow..

You have a few options you can change, go to, save sat position etc..

Its not too hard...

The lads seem to have you covered there, its totally different to eng1 and 2 recievers though!

• just one thing mate how do i set west and east limit please buddy ?

• hi carmine
    now you have done a factory reset does it move to other sats?
    did you 1st set it up to thor 0.8 west
    and when on thor does it look straight.
    check your long and lat with dish pointer Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

gaz

Hi Gaz, after factory re-set have found 0.8 west and got about 98% quality, have found 5 west cant find 8 west , got 12.5 west and 30 west, got 5 east, 7 east, 9 east, 10 east cant find, 13 east got and thats it but am now after finding 0.8 west and tighting nutds and bolts and gone onto diseqc as i find this easier, going to give it a rest have been at it since 12 ish, will try again later think its a matter of tinkering again later or tomorrow, need a list of transponders for all satellites and what i can do to fine tweek set up to get full potential of set up ??

• I'm not sure!

Have never actually set them..

I'm not too familiar with usuls on the box mate, use disecq myself..

My guess is if there is an option of store position or similar is, there should be 3 or 4 different options there...

Go to x, etc...

You may find limits in some hidden option...

Sorry about the guess work!

• Official Post

Hi Gaz, after factory re-set have found 0.8 west and got about 98% quality, have found 5 west cant find 8 west , got 12.5 west and 30 west, got 5 east, 7 east, 9 east, 10 east cant find, 13 east got and thats it but am now after finding 0.8 west and tighting nutds and bolts and gone onto diseqc as i find this easier, going to give it a rest have been at it since 12 ish, will try again later think its a matter of tinkering again later or tomorrow, need a list of transponders for all satellites and what i can do to fine tweek set up to get full potential of set up ??

Strongest signal transponders list - helps finding sats

• check the latitude on the motor itself! it has to match your latitude from dish pointer! when locked onto Thor move dish up and down until you get a strong signal! move to anougher satellite that you are missing and do the same! 1mm makes all the differance to signal or no signal!
    You will get there! Gets frustraighting tho when you get locked onto a satellite that your missing and then knocks the rest out! Been there a few time! Ha Ha!

• check the latitude on the motor itself! it has to match your latitude from dish pointer! when locked onto Thor move dish up and down until you get a strong signal! move to anougher satellite that you are missing and do the same! 1mm makes all the differance to signal or no signal!
    You will get there! Gets frustraighting tho when you get locked onto a satellite that your missing and then knocks the rest out! Been there a few time! Ha Ha!

Hi ,

Thanks for reply, I have checked all that latitude does match my latitude for dish ie my area where i am, also have moved it a little but had quality 98% so will have to do some minor tweaking, any other tips or advice would be most grateful ???

Cheers
    carmine

• Jees thats good!

Wish i could get that :P

Ammmm yuo if its not on the arc correctly you will go of course and won't pull in all the sats!

What i do is set it at 0.8 west...

Swing it to 28 east and then to 30 west!

And then tune in the sats between!

• The only thing i haven`t adjusted is elevation on dish not on motor on dish what is your elevation ? I know your in different location, but my latitude and longtitude is 51.5 N and 00.8 W so Motor elevation is at 38.5 & Motor latitude is 51.5, but what is norm for Dish to be tilted up or down too ?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!