Re-installing Motorised set-up and am stuck ??

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,326 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• If you use usals it does it all for you. You only need to make sure the motor is at 0 and straight with the lnb arm points to Thor 0.8
    Get best signal and put long lat in your box.
    Then it turns to the sats itself.
    So as you said you where missing some sats. I think your dec and eleavation is wrong On you motor or dish as it's not following the arc.
    This is where you will need to tweak your dish to it all the sats.

Hope this helps
    Gaz

• Hi Gaz,

JUst done like you said and get most west sats except for 8 west, and most east sats except for 39 east and 42 east , would i need to adjust angle on dish ? if so is this better doing this when it is on 0.8 west or slight adjustment with height on 39 east and 42 east ??

Cheers
    carmine

• try flexing the top and bottom when on the missing sat see if you can get a signal.this should tell you which way to adjust.
    you will only just be out..a little tweaking here and there m8.
    what size dish do you have ?
    gaz

• I'd say 16e, 0.8w (1w) is ok to set your dish up with but weak sats help with fine tune, depends if you want your signal good or really good.

Hello Mate,

I want really good signal, i have strong trasponder on 0.8 west @ 98% 8 west still can`t get, but have realised that west satellites except for 8 west really strtong signal and east satellites get weaker the further east you go 13 east etc strong and 19.2 east strong but from 28.2 gets weaker can on get some today with the rain and 39 east nothing and 42 east nothing any advice, adjust on easterly sats or get back to 0.8 west and lower angle as i think i am definately either too high or low on further easterly sats ???

Cheers
    Carmine

• Hello Mate,

I want really good signal, i have strong trasponder on 0.8 west @ 98% 8 west still can`t get, but have realised that west satellites except for 8 west really strtong signal and east satellites get weaker the further east you go 13 east etc strong and 19.2 east strong but from 28.2 gets weaker can on get some today with the rain and 39 east nothing and 42 east nothing any advice, adjust on easterly sats or get back to 0.8 west and lower angle as i think i am definately either too high or low on further easterly sats ???

Cheers
    Carmine

This image should help you understand your probelm with your settupf904c83353f2a.jpg

:shamon:

• Just goes to show how accurate you need to be when setting up your dish, just one little thing out and it won't work properly. Pleased you managed to sort it out.

Dreambox 500s (2011 Clone) - Gibertini 90cm - TM-2200 Super Motor - Inverto 0.2db - SCT Local

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!