OPENBOX X3 - Few early niggles...

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,261 times. The last Post () by jamesbongo999.

• Hi,

Day 2 of X3 ownership and I'm experiencing a few issue's detailed below, any advice help would be appreciated:

1:) Actual Picture quality, I've a fat Panasonic SD TV - Best of the genre i.e. 100 mhz refresh rate, fantastic picture through my VM Box etc however the X3 when connected via the SD scart produces a poor picture with very poor blacks, colour and general sharpness etc, like a poor vhs recording from years ago - i've played about with the picture settings on the x3 but compared to the older gen VM box it's very poor - now I understand you can only expect so much from a cheep box but was wondering if this is normal for this box or can anybody advise if i'm missing something or if the HD HDMI picture you get from this box is any better.

2:) Is there away of telling whether or not the DHCP setting is working well, quickly? I ask because I have a test c line that's meant to be really good however I am experiencing a lot of freezing, say once every 2 min the screen makes a digital sqeak sound and the freezes for a split second, I'd like to rule out any router, DHCP issue's before I get rid of what maybe and by all accounts is a good c line. ( noticed that at what might be considered "peak" viewing times this is worse than "off peak" times which to me points to a slow c line server, please advise//

3:) What box is recommended that can produce the best output in terms of quality of picture and sound.

I'm new to this forum so apologies if i've broken any rules by posting the above.

Thanks in advance.

James

• I have read that there is a issue with the rgb output on the x3/m3, but you will find the hdmi picture is very good if you update you tv.

With regards to the share problems you are having, can you tell us how you have your internet feed into the box - ie - homeplugs/wifi or hardwired ?

and do you have more than 1 c line active on your box?

Regards Lee

• Thanks for the reply,

It may be the case after years of resistance that i'll need to upgrade my TV - It's good to know that the RGB output isn't so good and it not just something I've overlooked in the settings - it's not a terrible picture merely a bit disappointing.

yes - the box is ethernet hardwired via a wireless router i.e.
    broadband feed --> Modem --> Wireless Router --> X3 via ethernet cable

I was supplied 2 test c lines by same organisation both of which are online in the Cccam.

Regards

James

• I was supplied 2 test c lines by same organisation both of which are online in the Cccam.

Where did you obtain your Test C Lines from buddy?

I think your 'freezing' will be an issue with the people/organisation that has provided these as you notice it gets worst in Peak Times e.t.c

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi i got the test c line from sat-share - The test lines expired before I could test the 1 cline only advice - however I've since got another test c line from sealions tv and updated the Cccam.cfg file so it only has this 1 line however the box reports that this is off line and when i go into the network app screen the box freezes which makes me think it's not connected to the net even although i have it hard wired via an ethernet cable straight into the box from the router i.e. same as before.

Any advice would be great and also is there a recommended subscription c line service from a "reputable" organisation ( apologies if i shouldn't be asking ?'s like that here )

Thanks

James

PS Meant to ask, is there a way a can test the boxes connectivity with the internet?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!