info requir to stop user to conect to oscam

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,523 times. The last Post () by JEDI0.

• Ultimately you may need to look at changing ports and passwords e.t.c if the problems persists!

But look at failban and IpTables discussed in posts below buddy!

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…/10186-failban-oscam.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-getting-strange-log.html

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further info!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Well.. The only way to prevent a user from "trying", is to smash his server with a hammer..

As long as you have an IP, people can "try".

It's your server that allows or denies, and with the failban option in oscam, ip's are getting blocked after several incorrect login attempts.

• FailBan and OScam

i have tried this but it stll showing on web info try to conect and showing as
    encrypted cccam-client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx rejected (invalid access)
    19/10/2012 18:53:26 B5FFFFFF c account 'xxx' not found!
    19/10/2012 18:53:26 B5FFFFFF c anonymous disconnected from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

now regarding IPtable set
    i am reading it and so far by looking into it look a nit hard and need a bit more experties to do that.

• Hopefully one of the pro's will add/help....haven't had the need to use these functions yet im afraid! (Which i suppose is a good thing)

It may be an easier/better route to change IP address/name of server to finally get rid of him....if he doesn't know IP or DNS name it will be harder to attempt to connect!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hopefully one of the pro's will add/help....haven't had the need to use these functions yet im afraid! (Which i suppose is a good thing)

It may be an easier/better route to change IP address/name of server to finally get rid of him....if he doesn't know IP or DNS name it will be harder to attempt to connect!

My point is.. Why would you want to get rid of these ?
    If the failban kicks in for a peer, it can't connect to your host for the configured time.. let's say 24h..
    This is the same effect as appling iptables, which basically does the same.

Even without any peers connected, your server port will be hit numerous times, because automated virusses and malware will scan the internet for open holes..

Pull up the SSH log for your server for example, you will find dozens of failed logins...

--

My advise, use strong password.. and setup failban to ban peers for 72h.

• FailBan and OScam

i have tried this but it stll showing on web info try to conect and showing as
    encrypted cccam-client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx rejected (invalid access)
    19/10/2012 18:53:26 B5FFFFFF c account 'xxx' not found!
    19/10/2012 18:53:26 B5FFFFFF c anonymous disconnected

You need to disable user in oscam webif for the failban to kick in, well it did for me.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!