Help needed please, latest Linux box? Dreambox, ***box?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 798 times. The last Post () by leeno382.

• Hi guys, my first real post, i have been into my Dreambox, Vu box for quite a while, but ive been talking to a friend of mine who seems to think theres a new box out now that picks up all channels both uk and foreign, and you dont need a ***/satellie dish neither? can someone please advise me if this is true or not? he said you just connect your ethernet cable and away for go? I currently am looking at the ***box f3 thinking this is what he was on about but you still need the dish? thanks for your help guys, cheers, Lee

• Your first post should have been in INTRODUCTIONS but you knew that ¿ right??
    Don´t be a stranger and while you´re at it update your signature with stb,emu,image,etc...
    so in reply to your Q : what your friend is talking about is IPTV ,,through internet ,,
    all the above mentioned boxes are satboxes... although vu+ are trying to get hbbtv + iptv up to scratch..

• Yes of course i knew about introductions :-) i am just going through my avatr etc now, thank you, is there a iptv reciever out? thats low cost? does that use the cccam etc? thanks for your help

• There is no such thing as low cost,,, it depends on what our budget can afford not what we would really like to get our hands on...lol
    yes ,there are boxes coming on the market every week now.. they dont use anything sat related..
    ¿why not look into appletv to give you an idea??

• I am just wanting to find out what the boxes are called thats all, he said it has all the saturday football, adults, english prem league etc etc... think its on some cshare setup, but ive never heard of the box without the dish :-) thanks for your help, (i am not bothered about the cost to be honest)

• look for slingbox + sling catcher as a very good example....
    then look for AD sports ...
    I think in the near future your DUO will be able to something similar,,as some images have iptv streaming ,,
    problem is always getting hte right url in the right moment..
    I have tried out several ideas on my UNO but nothing worth reporting about..

• I got the impression it was like the dreambox or Vu+ but you just plug it in to ethernet, without the sat cable, and then it had all the channel lists installed and all the channels, he said you get everything on it, from uk sly sports to the al jazeera's etc.... presumably on a 12month gift or similiar

12month gift or similiar

that would be a payserver which is a no-no here on this site...
    an alternative is XMBC + naviX 7 on your pc , which does exactly that....sports,+ much more etc,,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!