Vu Ultimo - Random Tuner Assignment Loss/Picture

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 783 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi,

As a newbie, I would like some help in undertsanding on the loss of a tuner assignment (picture loss) randomly on some of the channels on Astra 19.2E. A few months ago, I thought this had been solved, but unfortunately it has resurfaced again.

The Vu Ultimo receiver has BH176 with Triple S/S2 tuners which are directly connected to a quad input LNB (have tried loop-through option as well). I have tried rebooting the receiver and still the problem persists and I cannot establish any pattern as to what could be the random cause of this. I also noticed that sometimes the EPG data is missing for the corresponding channel.

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Have you tried updating your channel list?? either by doing a full scan with the Ultimo or by using one of the ready made channel lists on the forum. (catseye,sgt flip flop etc)

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• You don't mention which image you are using,would it be worth trying another image or reflashing your Ultimo with the image you have installed now.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• have you got good signal strength? anything in the line of angle??
    any trees, or any other obstacle that might be moving in front of the dish alignment?
    this would result in temporary picture loss.
    as far as epg loss,, you simply enter a manual download....depending on what ever setup you have programmed .

• Hi,

There are no signal loss issues. It appears that if I "unconfigured Tuner C" and then restore it's previous state of a singe satellite, this appears to fix the problem. The receiver is using Black Hole 176, and how can you force a manual EPG download?

• To force a manual download of the epg,press the blue button,then the red for EPG,in here you will see a list of providers,select the one you want,press ok.Then you press the yellow button to update.

fI7WHhv.png

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!