Best VU+ Duo Image for genuine Duo

There are 39 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,123 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Guys, I am looking for a few opinions on the Best VU+ Duo Image.

I just got the box yesterday off the site sponsor Sat-Shop.co.uk (Immediate delivery, so big thank-you to you guys)..
    I have been reading through never ending posts on each image & I feel like I am getting nowhere. I am setting this image up for my mother & the main features I want are Sexy EPG & Reasonably easy to use.. It will be for 0963 only..

Thanks

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• 2nd Mckee's comments!

Vix very easy to use.....with CrossEpg the Epg is great and Very Mrs/Woman Friendly lol!

I would normally say Experiment yourself but as a starting point Vix is very Good!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• And of all the pre-configured 0963 ViX backup images, which one would you recommend m8? & one last question, do I need a separate cline for each tuner If she wants to watch/record at the same time?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Probably look at MusoGeek's or Master G's backup

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-duo-backup-musogeek.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…vu-duo-oe3-0-release.html

As its new i would put Master G post version on it first as i think they need a full flash install of 3.0 release before you can add/use backups so flash that 1st!
    Then if you want the various plugins e.t.c in Muso's flash with that after!

Any problems post back!

Separate C-line.....You shouldn't do mate....i had 2 lines/accounts setup for mine and found in Oscam Webif the 2nd account wasn't being used so deleted and all is fine! lol!

lssdalogo.png

• OK, did that m8 Flashed Ten's image first & then the "UK Ready ViX OE3.0 for Vu+ Duo Backup by musogeek".. All seemed to go well but no channels are displaying, just the linuxsat logo embeded in the image... If I go to change channel, all the channels are there but none of them will open.. Not even the freeview.. If I go to BBC HD for example, It just says "Tune Failed"

Separate C-line.....You shouldn't do mate....i had 2 lines/accounts setup for mine and found in Oscam Webif the 2nd account wasn't being used so deleted and all is fine! lol!

OK, thats great, I was just worried about mother getting auto-banned for duplicate login...

Thanks m8

• Your Sat feed is in correctly yeah?

Failing that try to run/update the auto bouquets plugin and see if that sorts it!

Apart from that image is working? Menu, Plugins e.t.c ??

on CLine issue I can only talk about my setup using Oscam and MgCamd - I have one line in Duo newcamd.list and am able to record/view using both tuners! So you should be ok?

hopefully someone will shout if not buddy

lssdalogo.png

• Some times after a flashing a new image on my duo the channels will show up. But they will all be greyed out. This happens even after backing up and restoring my sat positions.
    To resolve this I go into tuner config and reassign each of my sats with its previously stored number. ie 9e = 9, 28.2 = 28 etc etc

You of course need to have it setup this way original. I don't use usals.

• Lord, after about an hour of messing around, I see it was just that I needed to add a cline... BBC HD is not freeview... LoL.. thanks Guys...

on CLine issue I can only talk about my setup using Oscam and MgCamd - I have one line in Duo newcamd.list and am able to record/view using both tuners! So you should be ok?

I never even heard of the newcamd.list until now m8... I just added cline to cccam & its working for viewing... Just formatting HD now to test with record/view simultaneously. Im sure I will find that the box is getting banned for duplicate login.. I'll report back..

• OK, I can confirm that after adding the cline to cccam & setting up the hard drive, I cannot record one channel & watch another at the same time.. I just get the "No Free tuner" message. Any ideas or suggestions please..

• Official Post

OK, did that m8 Flashed Ten's image first & then the "UK Ready ViX OE3.0 for Vu+ Duo Backup by musogeek".. All seemed to go well but no channels are displaying, just the linuxsat logo embeded in the image... If I go to change channel, all the channels are there but none of them will open.. Not even the freeview.. If I go to BBC HD for example, It just says "Tune Failed"
    OK, thats great, I was just worried about mother getting auto-banned for duplicate login...

Thanks m8

Would love to hear how you managed that mate, all my vu backups are for solo only.

• Have you set Tuner B to same as Tuner A????

lssdalogo.png

Would love to hear how you managed that mate, all my vu backups are for solo only.

Oopz, I ment master G's image, sorry for the confusion...

Have you set Tuner B to same as Tuner A????

Nope, I didn't know about that at all m8, Ill do it now...

• I have gone through the whole menu now & I cant find an option to set set Tuner B to same as Tuner A. is this a setting that you only have one chance to setup at initial channel scan?

• Official Post

I have gone through the whole menu now & I cant find an option to set set Tuner B to same as Tuner A. is this a setting that you only have one chance to setup at initial channel scan?

Menu >> Setup >> Service searching >> Tuner configuration >> Tuner B >> Configuration mode: equal to Tuner A..

• Menu > Setup > Service Searching? > Tuner Config

Presuming its a Fixed Dish for SLY

Set A to Simple, Single, <scroll> 28.2 , Disq to Yes

Set B to same as A (or as i just checked lol on mine i have set the settings for all the same as A)

Tuner B = Simple, Single, 28.2, Yes

Give that a try and see if it works!

lssdalogo.png

• Thanks Ten, found it at last....

OK, got that sorted... Do I deffo need DISEqC set to yes on tuner A? I will only be using 0963 on this box..

And a quick one on the Hard drive, I deleted all partitions on 500GB HD my Windows PC, connected it to the VU+ Duo, initialized it.. Is that it then? there was no progress bar, the HD grinded for a few seconds and that was it.. Do I have to format it or anything else? It is recording a load of stuff now, so I presume all is well?

• If its recording and you can see/view it pressing 'R' button....next to TV button i think then your sorted on that bit

I have mine Set to Yes.....does it matter i think its a case of it doesn't do any harm lol!

My Line Managers :snicker: are of mixed opinion lol as it has in the past it effected certain setups e.t.c but the have informed me to set it to Yes as you had me thinking!

So with Thanks to McKee n Muso keep it set to Yes!

Good Night God Bless!

lssdalogo.png

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!