***box F3 or Openbox S16, which to buy ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 781 times. The last Post () by bigalan.

• What are the main differences between the ***box F3 and the Openbox F16 and will the WiFi USB dongles made for the F3 work OK on the S16 ?
    I think the S16 is maybe a newer receiver and maybe not as well supported from a software and firmware point of view, one thing does it have a rear USB port unlike the F3 and are they a similar size ?

Many thanks.

J.

• exactly
    the ***box f3 has the new channel menu, where u can see the full channel name.
    and works very solid, is becoming more and more support in the net.
    like channel lists, backups etc.
    recomendable for the money they cost.
    cheers
    el pirate

• What are the main differences between the ***box F3 and the Openbox F16 and will the WiFi USB dongles made for the F3 work OK on the S16 ?
    I think the S16 is maybe a newer receiver and maybe not as well supported from a software and firmware point of view, one thing does it have a rear USB port unlike the F3 and are they a similar size ?

Many thanks.

J.

I work with Openbox S16 for two months. Potentially a good machine, its hardware is well designed but poorly done.
    Perhaps it can work well, but so far no one has actually seen. The software is very crude and does not know when it will be better. While the S16 is work very bad, especially for HD channels. When switching slows down, the picture opens with a delay of more than 5-10 seconds. F3-STB there is simple, for him is today Canal list, FW for Europe, Asia, N.America, South America.
    I'd take the F3.

• I've owned ***box F3 for about 3 weeks now and am already thinking of upgrading. But only because of the rubbish EPG which only shows "now/next". And the fact im a "tinkerer" and am interested in learning about and messing with plugins etc. However, saying that the ***box is easy to set up, works perfectly and has crystal clear HD and is a good basic box. You can import channel lists etc into to put channels into categories and it also works great on wi-fi (dongle required)and is cheap.

So as a basic "no frills" box you can't go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!