Volume Up & Down Just stopped working on my VU+ Duo

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,829 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Has anybody come across this before? All of a sudden the volume on my VU+ Remote stopped turning up & Down the box volume setting... I have not changed any settings, All I did was install the VIX 3.0 image & Update it..

Thanks guys..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I usually setup my VU+ remote to alter the TV sound rather than the box itself. Does the volume work if you log into the PC's interface & change it that way? If it does maybe the remote needs resetting.

Do you have HDMI-CEC active ? If yes, set Forward volume keys to no.

I tried all combinations of HDMI-CEC on, off & with Forward set to yes & no.. But no joy!

I usually setup my VU+ remote to alter the TV sound rather than the box itself. Does the volume work if you log into the PC's interface & change it that way? If it does maybe the remote needs resetting.

I might try that cos I'm cracking up trying to sort out the Box volume.. Is there a code book for different TV's? or is it the same codes as Sly remote?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Have a try at logging into the OpenWebIf interface and try seeing if you can up the volume via the Show full remote, I'm sure if that don't work it's something else.

I cannot put me hands on the manual as it's shoved away in the shed but I did a quick search & found the bits needed from within the manual for code changing ect.

Thanks m8, logged into the webif & the volume up n down worked perfectly through the Show Full remote option... But still no clue to why its stopped working from the actual remote...

How do I reset the remote?

UPDATE I Found the info i needed in that pdf acco attached, Thanks m8, The reset worked a treat.

1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
    3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state.

I must have accidentally set it to some mode when I was trying to set the box up because I remember the LED light coming on the other day & I had no clue why.... Thanks all

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!