My new VU+ Uno

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,128 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I just bought a VU+ Uno a couple of days ago (receiving it tomorrow or the next day) and I was wondering what I should do first? Maybe install the latest firmware?
    I am a newbie and I don't have any experience with these kinds of tuners, so I hope somebody can guide me a little. Maybe give some tips on a good image and add ons for the unit too, and which order to install them please. I presume I can do all this installation through the USB?

• if you want to get a feel of what the box can do,, try one of my backup images to start,,only until you get an idea of what they are capable of..
    Once you feel comfortable managing around it then go for a clean image then addon whatever interests you ..
    there are so many options with this stb that you will be spoilt for choice ;)

• if you want to install any image ,,tehn download the zip or rar file.. decompress it , inside you will find a folder named vu ,
    inside this vu folder there are 2 files( if its a backup) or 3 or 4 files if its a full clean image..
    you want to get the vu folder( with the files inside it) onto a usb pendrive,
    switch the box off from the backswitch,
    stick the pen into the front usb,
    switch the box back on from the backswitch,
    hold the channel - button until it says reading usb ,
    then let go button and it will auto install
    once it is finished the box will tell you to unplug the usb stick and full restart box(meaning switch off from backswitch again for about 10 secs then back on again..
    be patient ,it will take a few mins to start up initially.
    At this point you will more than probably have to setup the IP etc for it to connect to the internet..

you will more than likely have to update the channel settings also.
    you do this by going into MENU -> TS PANEL-> ADDONS->linuxsat-support-> CHANNEL SETTINGS-> CATSEYE latest( 20/10/2012 i think)
    the box will restart itself and you will have an up to date channel list..pressing the blue button will take you to favourites...

• if you want to get a feel of what the box can do,, try one of my backup images to start,,only until you get an idea of what they are capable of..
    Once you feel comfortable managing around it then go for a clean image then addon whatever interests you ..

I just installed your image -looks cool. I tried to access the UNO with dreambox control center v.2.96, but the password doesn't seem to work. I entered "linuxsat-support" as the password, and left the username blank.

Can you tell me how to make a image backup?

• to make a full image backup..
    have a usb stick in the back of the uno
    press blue button twice it will take you to extra settings.
    devices manager -> you should see your usb stick ,
    press red button to MOUNT ,use left/right arrows to "map " the usb stick to MOUNT: /MEDIA/USB
    save
    reboot the uno......
    Now , MENU-> BH main menu : BH FULL BACKUP
    this will take between 5- 7 minutes...
    it will let you know when its finished..
    then go through DCC to FTP
    MEDIA folder ,inside this you will see USB folder and inside here you will see 2 backups : BACKUP VU UNO and another one with the date I think.
    either one of these will do you...
    FTP the backup to wherever you want to save it for future use..
    This backup will keep everything ,emus, settings, configs,etc...
    just remember the password that yuo had on this backup and you are done
    job finished ;)

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!