USB pen drive for timeshift

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,320 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I use an external HDD for recording and everything else.

I've read that it's best practice not to use the same HDD for permanent timeshift.

Therefore I'm looking at using a USB pen drive for this. What is the recommended size to use for this.

Additionally should I put anything else on here.

Cheers Bart

• use your hdd for recordings and your usb for picons epg and timeshift. in the vix image the hdd will turn off when not in use saving it from spinning continuously(which it would in permanent timeshift). i use a 4g usb in my box but some use 1g i just thought it would be better for permanent timeshift

• Certainly more economical using a pen drive for timeshift - I don't use permanent timeshift and only use it occasionally so I keep it on the hard drive, the problem being it takes a few seconds to spin up from sleeping before it pauses. If you use a USB pen drive, there is a minimum size as far as I could see, trying to get a 1GB working reported that it was too small, not tried 2GB but for permanent timeshift use 4GB min - fast good quality drives are a must.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!