Generic question (dongle/receiver)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 941 times. The last Post () by pee_bee.

• I have been asked a more generic question, and wasn't sure of the answer or where to put the question, which receiver or receiver/image, would be best suited for a person who is frequently in different locations in the UK and uses a dongle for internet access. I know if they plan on taking a box with them, they would need a mobile dish and a way of aligning it, but im not sure which boxes work with 3g dongles and such.

I will apologies for my laziness in advance, as I have not done any searching on this.

I would also like to say hi to all, while i am passing, and hope all is well, sorry ive not been round much ive been busy fixing/building/speccing up peoples pcs and such, and trying to get together a feasible set of documents together so i can go on the Nea (some government scheme), as well as looking after my mum. As well as dealing with my usual bouts of misfortune on the way lol

Hope to not be as busy, as I have lots of work to do hobby wise too....

Bann/Banny

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Thanks Caz, but its more organised chaos, but hey... and what these people don't know is they are going to be references for me... well not yet lol

So any receiver will work with dongle? thier prolly best sucking and seeing with a cheap box like a dm500 or so.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You might be better off going for a 3g mini wifi router - any receiver which can use wifi should then work. Not sure why there should be any difference between HD and SD - but then again I'm not sure exactly what your intentions are.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!