How do you use multiple tuners?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 987 times. The last Post () by strike_gabriel.

• So, one difference between the solo and some other VU+ boxes is that the solo does not have multiple tuners. So I am trying to figure out if I want a dual tuner system or not. The only thing complicating matters is my desire to know *if* I can have a dual tuner system in the first place

So -- with two tuners, i receive two signals -- which means i can watch one and record one. My question is -- how do i get two wires to the back of the box? Can i just split the coax with some simple 'mechanical' splitter just before it get's into the box itself.. (i don't know the term -- i just mean no booster -- a physical split). Do i need two outputs from the LNB?

Thanks.
    PJ.

• That seems odd -- is that the only way? my entire house is wired with a single coax line to each room... I guess I don't understand why the signal cannot be split? Can you give me some idea so i can read further? Seems odd to me :(

• check out this one from sponsor
    basically the lnb is divided into or contains 4 parts: 1 high vertical freqs,1 low freqs, 1 high horizontal freqs, 1 low horiazontal freqs.
    If you are watching a channel on for example, 1 high vertical freqs ,then you cannot record on another frequency.
    so you need basically a twin lnb , 2 cables and a twin tuner..
    at the moment the solo and the duo have fixed tuners( the DUO has a double tuner, the solo only a single)
    The Uno and ULTIMO have plug n play tuners,meaniong they can be unattached and changed,,,
    ( there are twin plug n play tuners due out soon for these last 2 stbs soon)

• my dear friend,

1.for hobby applications-- the easy way is LNB quad, plus 4 ways diseqc spliter { example Amiko premium D-401 }
    with this- you have 4 inputs, and 1 output, on each spliter
    from LNB quad- you can supply - 4 turners, and with splinters, each turner , will get signal from 4 satellites.
    2.for professional applications- in LNB quatro , plus special splinting stations,1to 4 satellites and 8, or more OUTPUT for receivers.

in your case , start to read here

SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Configurations :: 4 Participants

you need 4 LNB quad, 4 spliters {A/B/C/D}, and a lot of cable-- and you will have signal independent - for 4 turners.

That seems odd -- is that the only way? my entire house is wired with a single coax line to each room... I guess I don't understand why the signal cannot be split? Can you give me some idea so i can read further? Seems odd to me :(

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!