Dreambox ! , Yea I'm new to this but I think - what a waste of money ?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 567 times. The last Post () by anniman.

• Hi all
    Latest disaster of my Dreambox .
    Having tried uploading another new flash after coolmantv failure . I now get even less out of my box , only a message saying " no ca error " . I've looked on the forum for help , I cant even comunicate via ip address , cant get a connection via my cable and cant remember how many times its been switched on/off .
    I think I'm finaly screwed .
    anyone got a magic wand ? or am I commiting the biggest sin of all and going back to s.k.y
    :(
    I turn to drink beer10

• Hi , thanks for your time .
    The cable mentioned in your link -, the usb ( big end ) goes to pc , but the smaller end goes to service socket ? , where is that ? , there is no socket that shape at the back of my dm , or is it inside or even worse Have I just missed it ?
    Thanks again
    john

• you dont have a mini usb its a serial port. most usb to serial converters dont work with windows 7, only with xp or not at all. i have an old computer with a real serial port for ca errors and dreamup patched. it takes about 45 min to flash this way

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!