How can I record to USB on VU+Duo with blackhole?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,258 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi all, i'm a complete newbie, just had Vu+Duo with blackhole installed and cannot work out how to record to USB? I've been through all the menu without success. I have used the wizard to format USB. Any help appreciated.Thx

• This is the oficial tutorial :

How to setup your Vu+ box for recording on an usb stick or on another device connected to an usb port.

Mount your usb stick by Devices Manager as /media/usb
    Blue Panel > Black Hole Settings > Devices Manager > Mountpoints ...

By a software FTP or by telnet
    create a folder named movie on your usb stick: /media/usb/movie

Enable Expert mode in Customize menu:
    Menu > Setup > System > Customize > Setup Mode: Expert

Change the default paths for recondings:
    open theRecordings Pathspanel
    Menu > Setup > Sytem > Recording Path

Select the item Default movie location and press the OK button
    then press the Menu button and select the item Switch to filelist
    now you will be able to navigate through the directories and to select the path
    /media/usb/movie by pressing the green button

After you pressed the green button and returned to the Recordings Paths panel
    select the item Timer record location by pressing the OK button
    and select the path /media/usb/movie by pressing the arrow down button
    then press the OK button to save and to return to Recordings Paths panel

Select the item Instant record location by pressing the OK button
    and select the path /media/usb/movie by pressing the arrow down button
    then press the OK button to save and to return to Recordings Paths panel

select the item Timeshift location and press the OK button
    then press the Menu button and select the item Switch to filelist
    navigate through the directories and select the path /media/usb/movie by pressing the green button

Now you will return to the Recordings Paths panel and you have to press the green button to save all the setting and to exit from the panel.

• hi mate try this, i tried it on my usb

"If you have mounted the usb to media/usb
    Press menu,setup,system,recording paths, press ok on default movie location
    if it says media/hdd in the bottom press blue to remove bookmark
    now press bouquet + button to add bookmark
    hi lite list of storage devices or parent directory in top window..press ok and browse until you see USB go down to it and it says media/usb at the top
    dont press ok just leave it hi lighted
    now press blue to add book mark, it should put media/usb in the bottom window
    press green to save then green once again to save and that should be it."

• George XL, please could you explain about the following part of your post :-By a software FTP or by telnet
    Where can I find FTP ot telnet and how would I use it. Many Thanks

• m8..you dont need to do that follow the guide i posted you dont need to ftp by software (ie flashfxp program) or telnet (putty or telnet in windows)...i done that and it works fine, but you may need a faster or more reliable media to record on as i was getting glitching and freezing when playing back on my pny 32gb usb stickk

• George XL, please could you explain about the following part of your post :-By a software FTP or by telnet
    Where can I find FTP ot telnet and how would I use it. Many Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

You must create a folder called movie in /media/usb/ .
    You can do this using a ftp software ( i use total commander ) or open a tellnet sesion and create the folder using linux commands.

• Thx guys almost their, I think i can now record, but have not managed to create a folder called movie in media/usb/. can i do that using the remote?

• like i said mate, i didnt need to create any folder i used the remote and followed the instructions that i posted....have you tried that way ?...cos i did and it worked for me on my vu+duo original with blackhole image 1.7.8

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!