A little setup advice needed !!

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,479 times. The last Post () by top gooner.

• I am looking at setting my parents up with a new system now their sly contract has ended and need a little advice of what system to get them,

I have a dm800hd myself but it was all flashed and ready to go when I got it including a harddrive installed so all I needed to do was install my line and all I`ve had to do over the last 9 months is update my sgtflipflop channels every now and then.

I would like something that is easy setup and I just add their line to and maybe a channel list ?

I am thinking a Technomate TM-800 HD PVR Linux Enigma2 Receiver but I am open to suggestions

Does anyone know what I would need to do to this out of the box to get them up and running ? As its enigma2 can I just put a sgtflipflop bouquet on it using something like dream box edit for the techo system and then would it already have a cccam installed on it for my line ? 7

Also i did read somewhere about an auto update bouquet so once I`ve set them up I don`t have to worries about it too much ?

Any advice would be gratefully recieved as i would like to get this setup as soon as poss and I am getting confused reading everything !!

• i would get myself any of the vu boxes..and give the dm8oohd to your parents.

great support plenty of backups on this site and anything else can be download to the box from ts panel..

check out the offers from our sponsor..
    Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

and dont forget your FREE £5 OFF VOUCHER for all forum members!
    http://linuxsat-support.com/la…er-all-forum-members.html

• Why would you do that ? I quite like my little DM but will consider the VU for my parents, I really need something simple to setup for them to use and for me to set up. All it needs is a sly bouquet and a way to record/pause to an external harddrive. Do all boxes need to be relashed from the box ? I had a quick look at the VU and it can be preflashed with a 3rd party firmware for an extra tenner so does that mean i would not need to do anything else to the box ? if thats the case which one is the best to choose for my purpose ?

• The functionality of the box (cline, plugins e.t.c) will depend on the Image mate!

I would look at Vu range as Gaz says....but anything Enigma2 and the right image and you should be good to go!

Vix is a nice easy one on the eye so may be a good starting point....and the backup's will give you the Cams and Plugins you require.....usually stated within backup post!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Don't pay for something you could do yourself?

If that's the case donate it to the forum!!!!....all they will do is put a backup image on it which you may change when you get it anyway!

That's the fun in the Hobby mate!

When you see/use VU you will want it so may be best to keep this and give DM to your peeps!

lssdalogo.png

• I`m now thinking of getting them a VU and if I set it up all ok getting myself one and moving my DM to my back room as I was already considering getting myself a 2nd box. I have just downloaded the sat-shop VU easy load software tool, so if I get a box I just use that to install a backup to a new box ? and away we go ?

• Yeah kind of like that!

If you get it from our Sponsor (with discount lol) it should be ready to go with any image of your choice!

They should put latest Factory Image on it FOC, from there you can pick any backup/Image you like!

Just a case of downloading it to USB > Switch Off Box > Plug USB in (Format Fat32) > Switch On should see 'reading usb' when completed your good to go!

lssdalogo.png

• Thats great I think i`ve learnt more here in an hour than I have in a year elsewhere !! Can they record to an external hdd with one of these ? or would it depend on the backup file I use ? and I suppose if I get a duo and two lines they could record one channel and watch another ?

• yes mate you got it.....

great thing about the duo is when the wife is watching the soaps (tuner1) i can watch the my sports (tuner 2) on my laptop untill shes done ..or record like you say.

dont forget to pm the sponsor for the £5 off

• Yeah both will record to external.....Duo can hold an internal!

and yep Duo will allow you to have 2 inputs so you can watch one and record or watch (via lappy) without causing problems!

All the info is here bud....just takes a clear head and a bit of digging but glad you sorted!

Let us know if you get into any problems but i'm sure you will be ok

lssdalogo.png

• Ok I think I`m going to get them a duo probably a clone from Ebay just because of price , this one most likely VU + DUO + VIX Image + *** UK Channel List. | eBay . Can anyone confirm that it will record to an external hdd as they have a spare floating about ? But eventually I will prob put the one out of their Sly HD in it once they are used to it.

EDIT sorry just read above it will record to external :ops:

• Yes it will mate BUT

:taxman:TBH your looking at one for £220 for the extra £55 i would get the Original!

You wont be able to out the latest images on the Clone, Any problems Build Quality e.t.c it can be a pain in the ar5e to get sorted!

Years ago the difference in price may have warranted it, but if your gonna buy that one off fleabay i would go for Original from our Sponsor

Ps and with the £7.99 Postage vs Free that knocks it down to £47 difference vs Peace of mind!

lssdalogo.png

• Putting it like that your probably right ! I`ll have another think on that and have a look at what back ups are available one with an auto update bouquet would be great.

• hello bud i have a vu duo brilliant bit of kit mate with a hd, never used it mind u lol............... i also have a dm800 hd no hd, my personal preference would b the duo, i love my dm, but i find the vu easier to use and has a massive support on the website (not that the dm doesnt), and it looks better aswell. most of the tools (programs i use) u can use on both, and to flash the image to a vu only takes bout 3 mins another 5 mins setting up and away u go. it might b better to let them have the dm as u no exactly how it works and u can show them easily, untill you have mastered the vu and then u can swap back if need be.
    read through the forum all the answers there mate good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!