How do I unlock my Iphone 4?

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,679 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Hi guys..

Ordered an Iphone 4 off fleabay..

Grade A++ so I know she's pretty immaculate so happy with that.

My problem will be is that it is locked to UK Orange... And i'm o2 Ireland..

Has anyone any experience in unlocking them?

Cause i've been looking for tutorials and sites for the past hour and all i've been seeing is lads looking for big money or youtube videos with a Key and an iphone :P

Cheers!

• Im sure there will be something on the net to do it!

I just took mine to my local 'We unlock Phones' shop! Not sure if you have them near you but there everywhere here lol

They should unlock it all networks for a Tenner!

I think if you jailbreak it you can get it open on all networks also

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• £35 Quid! Wow inflation lol

Well you could probably send it here get it done and sent back for that price lol!

Hopefully someone will pop up some info or i will have a word with a friend of a friend lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• hi mate you wont know if you can unlock it by software anyway until you receive the phone , you will need to know what baseband it is on in order to unlock by jailbreak and Ultrsnow, contact orange as long as there is no money owing on the iphone they will unlock it for no more than 20 quid, that way even if you restore you will have a per unlock, ive been in the jailbreak scene since fw 1.1.4

• So i got my Iphone 4..

Its in immaculate condition.

Running ios6...

I jailbroke it and tried unlocking it via Redsn0w..

Put in the sim, no signal....

Checked the baseband and its 4.12.02..

Gutted it can't be unlocked via jailbreak.

It has to be factory unlocked.

Its from Orange UK and I can't find a website that I can actually trust to unlock it to be honest!

Has anyone any experience or advice?

Its just a fecking ipod without a sim now gutted!

• Might be worth contacting Orange directly,i bought a iphone4 s a while ago,was locked on Vodafone.They unlocked it for me FOC,it's usually £19 but when I frirst contacted them they said it wasn't one of their handsets,but after me explaining to the guy that it must be as it is locked to Vodafone he just asked me for the imei number,he got back a day later via email to say it would be unlocked within 72 hours,just connect it to iTunes once I had received a confirmation email,got that the next day.Unlocked no probs.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Glen how did you get on?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!