Install on east facing wall?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 807 times. The last Post () by kai_.

• Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on what to do. Currently have an existing *** minidish installed, pointed at 28.2e and it's on the east facing wall of my house.

I'm looking to ultimately get a motorised dish setup. The front of my house is south facing. For cosmetic purposes, I do not want to mount a huge dish on the very front of my house. Now, the existing *** dish I noticed is installed quite close to the corner of the house, where east meets south. I am hoping to buy a 80cm dish (maximum size) and I am located in the south-east, so I think that should be enough. I think that the max west satellite I can hope for is 7w, does anyone think it's possible to mount on the east facing wall, providing it is close enough to the corner to go just beyond south without the dish driving into the wall?

What length standoff for the mount should I aim for for a 80cm dish?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• a picture would help it tells a thousand stories plus 80cm 7w wot sat was you looking at and were are you located, because if you are thinking of nile sat save your money no were near bigger enough mate.

• It sounds like the *** installer has installed the dish on the corner as from that wall, that would be approx the most westerly satellite you would see. you may be better off mounting the dish on the opposite wall of the house, this would mean that the astra2 satellite may then be the most easterly satellite the dish will see, but, give you a full arc to the west. another possibility would be to pole mount the dish on the rear of the house, depending on the pitch of your roof, this could then give you the full satellite arc

• Thanks for the replies so far. I agree that a picture would help!

fb232.jpg

Most south is the front of the house. I've moved the location from dishpointer to roughly where the existing minidish is. Unfortunately, The slope/pitch of the roof is very steep and so I'm not really sure about locating the dish on the rear of the house.

I'm not hugely interested in nilesat per se, but since it's going to be an install I was thinking that it'd be best to try do it right and aim for as many satellites as possible. I'm mainly interested in watching football.

I think that if a motorised dish was put into the current location, most of the easterly satellites would be seen, but nearly half the 'arc' would be missing? Would that be ok if I was primarily interested in watching football?

Thanks

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!