SatStation E2 Alien2 Pre-Release BETA Firmware 17/11/12

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,248 times. The last Post () by englishinsiam.

• Official Post

SatStation E2 Alien2 Pre-Release BETA Firmware

Based on latest TDT Sources

Additional Changes

Added a Mount Manager
    Installed OScam as default
    Changed default location for SoftCam manager (Oscam will be seen straight away)
    OScam config files found in /usr/keys
    Added QuickButton (so users can select Long Red for Softcam/ Long Green for Mount Manager for example)
    28.2e HD fix
    Record one scrambled channel whilst watching another
    Webif streaming etc
    CrossEPG pre-installed ... You just need to configure it.
    SatStation Plugin Addons

*Please note that you should disconnect all USB sticks /HDD when image first boots.

NOTE: This firmware is still a pre-release beta version and bugs are to be expected but we are sure you will be happy with what you see.
    Please help us to continue development of this firmware by reporting all bug reports, findings and happenings in the discussion thread.

• I downloaded this file and then tried to install it on my box. Everything works fine to start with.

The display shows 'U Ld' then it shows some numbers prefixed with 'E'

Then it shows 'U Ld' again

But after that it ONLY shows 'U' and nothing else happens. It just stays stuck on 'U'

I have previously flashed three E2 images on this box including HDMU and Nebula, so I'm definitely flashing it right with a working USB stick.

I even re-downloaded the Satstation E2 image twice but I still get the same issue.

• So which Enigma do you recommend for the Alien 2? The most stable and swift...

@ kocurstvo
    first post
    introduce yourself here : http://linuxsat-support.com/introductions/

• the most stable enigma2 image.
    i think this one :PKTeam gm7162_GIT-4415_PKT-1756_stm24-p0207

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• press blue button on the remote.
    go to emu manager.
    what do you see

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• softcam is working stable.
    i have no problems with oscam.

• on topic

@ montay
    the other images you have try are working or not
    strange problem with this image.
    i am flashing the image now.

• you can start the enigma2 image.
    look at the a/v settittings

• The box now seems very slow to repsond to the remote since loading this.
    Might change batteries but it was much more responsive using Spark.

But i will persevere with it.

E2 is better than Spark if only for the EPG & plugins & Channel lists.
    Although i like VHannibal lists but it's not available in the plugins settings list.
    So using the Catseye list for now.

Oscam as client seems stable enough.

• I found that firmware is not stable after some hours working it block my alien2.
    But is a good firmware hope will be released the stable version !

• I have been running this for 2 days now and so far, so good.

The only issue Im having is a lag on the remote control every now and then. It might freeze for a couple of seconds.

One other thing, is there any way to remove the picture of the Alien on startup, it scares my little boy.

• I just bought the Amiko Alien. As of yet I'm only using the spark side of things. can somebody recommend me a good E2 Image. I'm unsure which to install the PKT nebula or the latest HDMU image. Im total newbie to this SAT stuff. All I want is as much stuff working as possible when it is installed and also some info or help on how to install it. At the moment Im using Oscam with a N_LINE.

Thanks to anybody who reads this and helps me out.

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!