Where do I start?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 881 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Good evening all,
    For a start, I hope my thread isn't in the wrong section if it then my apologies!
    I am a newy and would like to know (please) what card sharing is and how do I get it set up.
    I read the card sharing tutorial thread (http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…b-newbie-dummy-guide.html) but can't really say there's much for me to go on by.
    I would like to buy a cheap box to start with (in case I screw things up), I was told to get a dream box 500 as it is cheap and quite easy to set up!?

Please help

I already have a dish at home with dual LNB and I'm able to get free to air channels on hot bird and astra satellites but using an old technomate which was bought back in 2006.

Thank you and I look forward to reading your replies.
    In the meantime I'm exploring the forum to see if there are already answers for my queries.

BR,
    casawi.

• dreambox 500

Yes casawi - You need a box ! Preferably Enigma2 Although any box that works with CCcam or Oscam !

You will need a subscription to Share out ! Or you need to know someone who will share there subscription back to you !:sun:

Thats it ! Read as much as possible and make the plunge - :rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi,
    How much are you asking for please?
    This will be something for me to have a play with, but it'll be nice if I could get it to work :)

Thanks,
    casawi.

• NO ! I'm not asking for a subscription ! You will need a subscription or card from 5ky tv or canal+ for example !

Then you put this card in your box !
    Using the internet you can connect many boxes together and "share" 1 card to view tv cheaply _
    Thats why you need a subscription _

OR you need to know someone who already paid 5ky for a card and is sharing it to other people using Dreambox 500 .
    Then you may be able to connect to that person and use your box to watch 5ky tv throug his card ?

Keep Reading

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks rikjaard-real,
    I have a friend who bought a star track from this guy, he pays him £60 every six months. At the end of this period, after payment is made the guy sends him some keys to enter in his star track box.
    Can anyone with such a box use those keys? or the box won't be authenticated? i'm assuming this "guy" is running a server of some kind and keeps a list of all his clients!?

Thanks,
    casawi.

• and what would be the easiest cheapest box out there to use. I say the cheapest in case I mess it up.

coming from enigma 1 ( drremabox original 500+s) to enigma2 ( vu uno)
    I would strongly recommend going straight to an e2 box as SD channels will die off soon enough leaving only HD/3D ..
    for the price difference ,there´s not that much and if you consider the available support,plugins etc for e2 are far superior...
    check out our sponsors page and you will see a lot of options...

• Thanks rikjaard-real,
    I have a friend who bought a star track from this guy, he pays him £60 every six months. At the end of this period, after payment is made the guy sends him some keys to enter in his star track box.
    Can anyone with such a box use those keys? or the box won't be authenticated? i'm assuming this "guy" is running a server of some kind and keeps a list of all his clients!?

Thanks,
    casawi.

You are referring to a payserver which we 100% abhor... i plead with you not to go down that road,,
    what seems like "easy street viewing" is actually ripping off the "customer" for a service which can easily set up and controlled by yourself..
    the peers who he is robbing / faking their cards as his own...eventually it will fall back on you.
    you could start off with a cheap card like mtv or adultcard to get your self up and running ;)
    all the help of how to do it is already here and you will notice there is an abundance of well meaning users on this site to "guide " you..

• Thanks cazuela,
    I wasn't thinking of using the payserver directly but rather use the "keys" given to my mate every 6 months. But I guess that probably wouldn't work as I found out on anaother thread (clines and Flines).
    As I don't have a lot of cash to spare (I'm a poor student :) ) , any idea how much the cheapest subscription card would be and will other card sharers be prepared to share with you given you only have an MTV card for example?
    as for the box, I will check as per your suggestion.

BTW, All I'm actually only interested in watching footy (Champions league, premiere league, and Spanish league).

Again thanks for your help.

BR,
    casawi.

• any card that is up to date will get you started..
    you will not be able ot share the keys from your friend..
    no such thing as a poor student,,LOL
    this is a hobby which curtails a certain expense just like any other ;)
    reading is the key to success..so enjoy the adventure:thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!