Strange thing going on with cccam 2.2x

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,842 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Guy's I found this today and thought you all should read it:

This is what he posted:

I've been testing his claims. Using OSCAM 0.99.4svn build #2859 (on pc) and using it to steal my local cccam card (vu+) and sharing it via cccam to my tm9100.

LOCAL cccam---->stolen---->OSCAM---->fake local----->cccam

When Local cccam was version 2.2.1 this line appeared in oscam (debug 256)

2011/02/15 0:09:52 956 p03 cccam(r) cccam: au info: caid 0963 card system: 6 serial: 0000000000XXXXXX
    2011/02/15 0:09:52 956 p03 select: socket is set
    2011/02/15 0:09:52 956 p03 cccam: decrypted header:

XXXXXX is my card number. Taken from CCcam info pages Entitlement info

card reader /dev/sci0
    handled YYYY(YYYY) ecms and Y(Y) emms
    Nds card XXXXXX

With exactly the same cccam.config but this time LOCAL CCcam version 2.1.3

2011/02/15 0:22:14 956 p03 cccam(r) cccam: au info: caid 0963 card system: 6 serial: 0000000000000000
    2011/02/15 0:22:14 956 p03 select: socket is set
    2011/02/15 0:22:14 956 p03 cccam: decrypted header:

This time no Card Serial.

The config is the same only change is the cccam version.

this is the reason why sky is terminating contracts..... anyone else been terminated here...?

I would remove anyone using cccam 2.2.x from your servers ..........................

So I contacted the poster of the above and he sent me this letter he received from Sly:

Full ViewCancellation of Sky Subscription Account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer

This email is an automated response

We write to inform you that we have recently been forced to cancel your Sky agreement and services.

The reason for this is that we have reason to believe that your account and viewing card have been used unlawfully and in breach of the terms and conditions of your Sky digital subscription contract, specifically in a way that permits the illegal sharing of Sky content. In addition to being a breach of contract, [your] use of Sky equipment in this manner is fraudulent and a criminal offence.

The unlawful use in question entitles us to terminate our agreement with you without notice, which we have done. Any outstanding payments due to Sky under the terms of your digital subscription contract will be taken or raised in the usual way.

We require you to return the viewing card, which is Sky's property, to us using the enclosed stamped addressed envelope.

If you believe that an error has been made or if you have any questions in relation to this, please write to the following address, clearly stating your reasons. Please note that we will be unable to consider any claim of error unless your viewing card is returned to us.

British Sky Broadcasting

c/o Group Security

Intelligence & Investigations Department

Grant Way

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 5QD

Sky reserves all of its legal rights in relation to your conduct.

Yours faithfully.

Intelligence & Investigations

BSkyB Group Security

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at

I have as of 30 minutes ago CHANGED BACK TO cccam 2.1.3 - I would advise you to do the same for your own good.

Regards

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Official Post

I think we have seen simillar to this with every version of cccam ( certainly since ive been into this hobby, remember the last one "backdoor in 2.1.4" )

I have read the threads on the other boards as i did last time when people were saying nds investigators were posting cards through peoples doors.

If people are been busted for cs then i there are many possible reasons, im sure youve read the same. These are the 3 i believe most likley annd another option.

1. They were sharing with a payserver who has been busted and their details have been recovered from the server.

2. There are a number of online boxkey generator sites, it is possible sly have set this up and people are entering their details without realising.

3. There are people active in cs forums, who are working for sly on c/s forums exchanging with people to get their ip/ details.

Or
    Some people have nothing better to do.

Take everything you read about this with a pinch of salt, weve been before and will again im sure. I have also read of people getting cut off claiming to have never had anything to do with c/s. ( One joined here yesterday )
    I know this is not true because have seen their posts on other boards over the years.
    Far more likley they were sharing with a payserver and are now trying to cover their tracks.

• Good points, however what I'm pointing to is the ease of seeing your card details via oscam..... also you comment:

1. They were sharing with a payserver who has been busted and their details have been recovered from the server.

reply: Very true and in some cases without even knowing they are sharing with a Pay Server...

2. There are a number of online boxkey generator sites, it is possible sly have set this up and people are entering their details without realising.

reply: Good point, however if Sly are doing this then in a court of law this is known as Entrapment. In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.

3. There are people active in cs forums, who are working for sly on c/s forums exchanging with people to get their ip/ details.

reply: If Sly were doing this then they are also breaking the law: if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

Just my 2 "pence" worth.................

I will not be taking the chance that someone is using Oscam to rip mine or my peers locals. So have change back to 2.1.3 until proven otherwise.

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Entrapment ........yes
    Would they try it......yes, how many people would challenge it?

Agreed...................

Why 2.1.3?
    The next version is perfectly stable and also stops people using the well known 256 trick.

Good point I always forget about 2.1.4 - I will download it now and update

thanks

• One major flaw in your post Prioryman.
    The 'letter' sent from sky is an email! Yet it says it encloses a stamped addressed envelope to return the card!
    Letter or Email? It can't be both!

Sounds made up to me

• One major flaw in your post Prioryman.
    The 'letter' sent from sky is an email! Yet it says it encloses a stamped addressed envelope to return the card!
    Letter or Email? It can't be both!

Sounds made up to me

ddaddy, I have no reason to disbelieve this person and have all day "surfed" the fourms and it would appear that there is some truth in it.

Many have received the "so-called" letter/email.

Perhaps as Ten Below stated "we have seen simillar to this with every version of cccam" and this will blow over, however I will not take the chance so changed to 2.1.4 until it "blows" over.

I'm not "scaremongering" - Just putting the details ( notice I did not state facts ) for others to read and make their mind up.

• Look at the letter/email though. It has an email header, but says about an enclosed envelope, so it's obviously not real.
    It's obviously been written by someone scaremongering. Maybe even Sly themselves.

• ddaddy, give the address a ping!! or better call the number below and ask them if it's real!!!!!!!!!

Bskyb Publications Ltd.

6 Centaurs Business Centre
    Grant Way
    Isleworth
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QD Telephone:020-7705-3000 Companies House
    Registration Number:3071751

• I think people resort to scaremongering as they have no other way of controling the situation bit like sly, im using 2.1.4 and have done f a while now, think jay was saying other day that if sly card is not set up properly f updates that causes concern!!

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Official Post

To be honest if this worries you i would look at using a different emu altogether.
    None of the other rumors about earlier versions have been disproved or proven either way.
    As always there are enough backing it but look at threads about earlier versions and you see alot still sharing the same card.
    To keep your servers safe keep only enough peers to satisfy your own viewing needs with long term peers you trust.
    1 to 1 sharing without reshare is the safest possible but not always possible depending on individual setups.
    I really doubt you are any more exposed using 2.2.x than any earlier version. If your are worried dont share it.
    Next point is slightly off topic but i would also like to know why people share the card in question that opens no subscription channels?
    Doing this without sid assign only slows down cccam for all they are sharing with.

• The address and phone number can be obtained from anywhere!
    It's probably on the bottom of every sky contract.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!