How To free up my flash on Vu+duo 98%full

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,716 times. The last Post () by bpodnar.

• There is an option in TSPANEL to view your memory status and you can also use the un-installer addon to remove anything you don't want!

Chances are you have installed a lot of Plugins or the like....so remove anything your not using/doesn't work e.t.c and you should be fine

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Another thing to consider if you haven't done already is to create a swap file,this should help decrease the memory in use slightly.

Press the blue button on your remote twice,you will see a option for it on the menu.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Guys sorry to barge in but can i set up a swap file on the hdd i record off so that i can save installed plugins there or do i have to use a seperate usb any help apreciated TIA

• Remove plugins you don't need - ensure that you have a USB stick installed and that your picons and EPG data are saved to this rather than flash. I have never had a swap installed on my Duo or had any issues that have led me to consider this - a swap won't help save space on your flash as the flash and the RAM are 2 different things, but as mckee said a swap can free up RAM - just not sure if it will increase performance!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The original BH image is enormous as it includes many plugins (perhaps you dont need hbbtv,etc)+ drivers for other peripherals that again you dont need,,
    but be careful what you delete as it could alter the image making it very unstable..
    there are other alternative images that dont take up so much flash.... latest BP comes to mind

• I installed flashexpander and removed some of plugins like opera hbbtv and skins. Box freeze while removing those plugins and I turned it off on back switch and when box booted I discovered that my internal hdd (box is solo2) is erased, all recorded material was gone! I had vti image backup saved on hdd. I really dont know how that happened. Can I recover my files with windows app like File Recovery or similar? Thnx

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!